This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Security Screws

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If it's the same as the 405 there was a special tool for cable boxes that took them out. I have been told you can get them out with pliers and replace them with a Phillips head screw. I know the 920 uses tamper proof torx but not my 405.

If you go to an electronics supply like MCM electronics these are sold in a set and have the torx driver center drilled out called a security driver set. I use them often. I have changed batteries on 4DTV and DSR-4200 receivers with out a mishap [4]. The 4200 batteries were 13 and 14 years old and showed full voltage. Did not want to take a chance but think these 10 year batteries[Maxwell super] would last 20 years.

Looks like the same screws on the 405. I would grind a slot in the screw with a dremel tool and use a flat blade screwdriver.

Screws and Plyers

You can use side cutter pliers, turn them on end putting the pointy tips in the little slots on sides of screws and give a twist. Regular size side cutters will work but the half size ones work best, I believe they are move for smaller electronic work

Status
Please reply by conversation.