Security Screws

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If it's the same as the 405 there was a special tool for cable boxes that took them out. I have been told you can get them out with pliers and replace them with a Phillips head screw. I know the 920 uses tamper proof torx but not my 405.

If you go to an electronics supply like MCM electronics these are sold in a set and have the torx driver center drilled out called a security driver set. I use them often. I have changed batteries on 4DTV and DSR-4200 receivers with out a mishap [4]. The 4200 batteries were 13 and 14 years old and showed full voltage. Did not want to take a chance but think these 10 year batteries[Maxwell super] would last 20 years.

Here is the type of screw on my 905.

dvr-tamperproof-screw_small.jpg

I think the tool below is what I need.

4.5MM + 3.8MM for SEGA N64 SNES SECURITY GAMEBIT TOOL | eBay
pencil.png

Looks like the same screws on the 405. I would grind a slot in the screw with a dremel tool and use a flat blade screwdriver.

Screws and Plyers

You can use side cutter pliers, turn them on end putting the pointy tips in the little slots on sides of screws and give a twist. Regular size side cutters will work but the half size ones work best, I believe they are move for smaller electronic work

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)