NPS and Motorola really screws G3 up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
Just what the title says. I think Motorola is getting even with NPS for what they have been saying. :eek:

I went to flush the guide and reload it for the new channel numbers for G3 to map in. After updating the guide G3 was totally screwed and missing the channels it was suppose to have. After 2 phone calls to NPS I see they don't really care and more or less blew me off.

So here's the scoop unless NPS alerts Motorola to remap the G3 channels left properly they will be gone once your guide updates at 2 am tonight.

Now I found a work around and since this is for channels you pay for I hope its okay to post generic map info in the open forum. If not Ice feel free to move this post to WUT.

Heres the workaround if your getting burned.

Use KG@G3, 391-399 Those who know how to work the generic maps and tune ku for c band should be able to get this to work to get the channels back till NPS finishes being scolded by Motorola for there crap.

Sort of poetic justice :D

LIST:

391 CNBC
392 MSNBC
393 USA
394 AMC
395 Fox News
396 A&E
397 Hallmark
398 Lifetime
399 Comedy Central

Detailed instructions

To get into C band mode go to options 6,7,7,8
Manual Tune
Put check arrow on c band
Enter in SR 19.51 FEC 3/4
Hit tune
After it locks exit and select channel number

Last edited:
in this case its OK as its the only way for subscribed customers to get the channels that they PAY for :)

I followed the instructions, and it worked flawlessley! Thank you. Now, is there a source I could read to understand what I did, and how to do it next time? I enjoy learning as much as I can about my 922.

Cheers,
Dale

A&E missing, others mislabled

I searched G3 and only A&E appears missing; all the others that appeared to be missing are just mislabled now in the guide as other channels.

MSNBC is at 580
Hallmark is at 582
Lifetime is at 583
CNBC is at 584
AMC is at 600

If you flush the guide there all gone you mentioned but can be found using the generic maps. Looks like if Motorola don't correct the issue for the nightly update it's really going to be a mess for all. Want to take bets it won't be fixed tonight :eek:

I followed the instructions, and it worked flawlessley! Thank you. Now, is there a source I could read to understand what I did, and how to do it next time? I enjoy learning as much as I can about my 922.

Cheers,
Dale

Trade secret ;) Best thing to do is search google for 4dtv generic maps for the beginner.

Enter in SR 19.51 FEC 3/4

Don't have this option on my 920

It worked anyway - thank you!

My guide updated overnight, the original line-up is still there, but the mappings are screwed for some.

:up

It's still screwed up this morning, I figured that. NPS's phones should start ringing off the hook today. Motorola is giving it to them good.

Although I have never subbed to any of the G3 programming and don't have all the channels memorized, my guide on my 905 still had programming info listed for channels there. Funny how some have it and some do not.

My 922 just sits on W5 so it never has any guide data.

Now the remaining channels are back in their original positions. Wonder what tomorrow will bring.

If NPS have anything to do with it.... "Cannot find channel. Continuing to search..."

:rant:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)