seek to install Directv to replace cable in San Jose, CA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

young707

Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
I plan to replace my Comcast TV cable service with satellite Directv.

How can I find dish installation and Directv service? Does the installation and service providers separate?

I have a tri-level house, and need to install dish on chimney. But make sure no installer walk on my tile roof.

Can you tell me where to start research and your experience between Directv and Dish?

Thank you.

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

Have you called Directv and asked about getting service? Depending upon your area, the installer could work for Directv or be a subcontractor. Is your chimney in the middle of your roof or on the side of your house? If it's in the middle, I don't see how they can install the dish on the chimney without walking on the roof. Perhaps a pole mount is an option.

The chimney is on the side of house. We cannot use the fireplace anymore because of air quality regulation of this city.
I wish to include a regular over-the-air TV antenna as part of the dish installation. I can go buy one at Fry's Electronics.

Should I call Directv directly? How about Dish Network?

I would base my decision on which service to get based on which one has the programming you want.

I want to get local San Jose are TV channels (ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox).
In additional prefer to have CNN, ESPN, HGTV (Home & Garden cable).

You should be checking the websites of Directv and Dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts