Seeking C-band system asap

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SATire

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
Twin Cities
I just called skyvision about their package deal and am waiting for someone to call me back about adding an actuator.

The Skyvision package is $329 for everything, dish, lnb and receiver. I want to get the programming packages along with FTA.

Figured it's worth asking if someone has a 6' setup with actuator and good LNB they might be trying to sell in the twin cities.
Not sure if it's a must to get the DSR410 receiver but am told that it won't handle FTA, that I'll have to use another receiver like my traxis. I am also told that the receiver cannot move the dish, that it needs to be manually moved. Would have been nice to have it more like KU where the dish moves as you change channels.

Maybe I'm not aware of some other hadrware?

Mike

Last edited:
A 6 foot mesh dish can use actuator and a side box to move the dish. I still have a 6 footer in my storage.

Yup, I'm doing exactly that. 6' mesh, actuator, V-box, Traxis and DSR-410 on the same wire. I set a position on the V-Box for 105W (HITS W5 programming for the 410) and when I want to watch it, I just shut off the Traxis so it doesn't take over polarity. Seems to work pretty well.

Although the Twin Cities are pretty central, I still think you'll regret getting a 6-foot dish for C-band. Especially with the cross-sat interference, you will probably have trouble on many signals. I have 10-foot and wouldn't recommend anything smaller, but if you are closer to the center of the country, you might get away with 8 foot.--Gary

Dang, I didn't get any of these notices that there was a reply. Maybe I need to check that as an option any time I start a thread.

Anyhow, don't have any choice over 6', it's the max the city will allow in my area. Besides, many people have said it works just fine. Only catch is that one can only pick up some 60% of what's out there with a 6'. Can anyone confirm?

A 6 foot mesh dish can use actuator and a side box to move the dish. I still have a 6 footer in my storage.

If you're in the twin cities and can tell me exactly what you have, I can contact the person I'm getting my actuator/LNB from to make sure it works. Unless you mean those things come with it.

I've decided on another receiver so don't need the motor.

PM if you are interested in selling it.

Mike

I just called skyvision about their package deal and am waiting for someone to call me back about adding an actuator.

The Skyvision package is $329 for everything, dish, lnb and receiver. I want to get the programming packages along with FTA.

Figured it's worth asking if someone has a 6' setup with actuator and good LNB they might be trying to sell in the twin cities.
Not sure if it's a must to get the DSR410 receiver but am told that it won't handle FTA, that I'll have to use another receiver like my traxis. I am also told that the receiver cannot move the dish, that it needs to be manually moved. Would have been nice to have it more like KU where the dish moves as you change channels.

Maybe I'm not aware of some other hadrware?

Mike

The Gbox or Vbox will move the dish.

Dang, I didn't get any of these notices that there was a reply. Maybe I need to check that as an option any time I start a thread.

Anyhow, don't have any choice over 6', it's the max the city will allow in my area. Besides, many people have said it works just fine. Only catch is that one can only pick up some 60% of what's out there with a 6'. Can anyone confirm?

Because of cost and other factors i went with a 6 footer a few months ago and while i dont get everything out there!im getting better than 70% of what c has to offer with good signals on most.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts