Seeking comments on Hopper-series DISH receivers

Does the Hopper 1 have a DVR? If a person wanted to record something.
Yes. Although, if there are a lot of non-DVR customers who need to be upgraded, I am sure that Dish could put some DVR-disabled ones in the field as replacements, if a person does not want to record something. In other words, I have my doubts about how many Wally receivers Dish actually has in stock. They seem to push the Hopper Duo at every opportunity. So, customers who need to replace a 322 or a ViP222 (for example) may end up with a DVR-disabled Hopper Duo and a Joey instead. If Dish runs out of those, then they may turn to other models, such as Hopper 1, for this purpose.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
These days I find it somewhat incredible that anyone at Dish would recommend the H1. They should offer an H3 or at least an H2 with a snap module.

Why would they do this? Especially to a long time customer.
I had one today, upgrade from a 222 to a Hopper 2000. I modified it to a Hopper 2 on the way to the job. I wouldn't insult a long time customer with a such a piece of junk

The only problem is that each time Dish comes out with one of these new "latest and greatest" DVR receivers, they always manage to come up with a new, higher monthly fee to go with it. The ViP922 had a higher DVR fee (and higher additional receiver fee) compared to other ViP DVR's. Then, the original Hopper DVR fee was the same way, compared to the ViP DVR fee. It happened again with the Hopper 3 DVR fee when it first came out. That gives me a disincentive to upgrade each time. Dish eventually made the DVR fee the same for all of the regular Hopper and ViP DVR models. (Hopper Duo is only $10, and the ViP922 also stayed at $10 if I remember correctly. All other models are now $15, unless you are grandfathered.) However, they did so by raising the fee on the older models (with no improvement in the service being delivered by those models) rather than by lowering the fee on the new model. So, each new "latest and greatest" model fills me with dread, "How much is the bill going to go up this time, for basically the same level of service?"

Channel 103 has videos about how to use the Hopper.
Glad to report Hopper 3 installed (by someone who knew his stuff) and working just fine. Still learning the user interface and really regret not having a manual, paper or online, as there are a good many features that aren't immediately apparent. But it's pretty intuitive and doubtless I'll figure it out. Thanks again to all.

Sent from my cell phone using the SatelliteGuys app!

That's because at the time, it was.
Seems like only a few weeks ago most of us were drooling over the newly introduced Hopper and heading to Satellite Guys every day to read about the cool kids that were getting one and then all the stories after they installed and them using them. Some of us held off for awhile, but alas it was hard to resist the power of The Force!!

Reactions: charlesrshell
Seems like only a few weeks ago most of us were drooling over the newly introduced Hopper and heading to Satellite Guys every day to read about the cool kids that were getting one and then all the stories after they installed and them using them. Some of us held off for awhile, but alas it was hard to resist the power of The Force!!
That's the code name of a brand-new feature coming to the Hopper 4. ;)

Or should I say, Hopper I.V.
It will inject all of your entertainment directly into your bloodstream. :biggrin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)