select package

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Directv requires a 2 year contract so why not sign up and get the promo for Entertainment Package for a while then drop down?

Shows on the website as 24.99 for 12 months for Entertainment

but if the package becomes unavailable then I won't be able to get it

Once you have a package, IF they remove it, you get Grandfathered, no one can get it from that point forward, but you still keep your channels.

Eventually, they remove it all together, I had Total Choice+ for many years before I ended up moving to the package I have now (can't remember the name) it's the same as what I had before with TC+, I was grandfathered for about 4-5 years before they removed the package all together.

I don't think you need to worry too much about select going away. Get the promo rate that works best for you, and when the promo rate runs out call retention.

They'll either give you a promo to keep it reasonable or have select or similar to offer. I think they will always try to have something around that $50 mark, they have to have something to keep customers around that are very price sensitive.

IceBerg hit it. If you are thinking of getting Direct, with the new customer discounts you will get more than you could otherwise. And then drop down at some point. Even if it went away, go back to DISH in two years if you are not happy and get new customer discounts again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)