Select package

Status
Please reply by conversation.

KG4KBU

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2009
Corbin, KY
If i bought the select package outright how much would it be for say 3 tvs and one hdtv ? I am very interested in this package and it suites my needs actually and not a bad price either considering i plan to switch from the dish america hd package for about the same price. I will miss ajam on channel 215 on dish as it is not in the package i am interested in but i think it will be included in it later on as it is a news channel and is becoming popular like cnn

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I'm not sure what your question is. Are you asking for service on three televisions that are in hd, or three sd televisions and one hd television? If the former, then it's the programming cost plus $12/month, if the latter, it's programming cost plus $18/month. That's aside taxes and other costs, like the protection plan, dvr fees, or whole home service.

So how much for the dvr and can the hdtv fee cost be waived ? Its one hdtv and 3 sd tvs

pretty simple setup. Genie HD-DVR with two clients, free for all hardware upfront.

Regular price is $50 for Select, $25 for HD/DVR/WholeHome Fee, $12 for 2 clients = $87

Discounted price for year 1: $52/month (or $42/month for first ten months if you use a referral)
Discounted price for year 2: $77/month

After year two call and they likely will work to lower the price some from the then current price as your contract will be up.

pretty simple setup. Genie HD-DVR with two clients, free for all hardware upfront.

Regular price is $50 for Select, $25 for HD/DVR/WholeHome Fee, $12 for 2 clients = $87

Discounted price for year 1: $52/month (or $42/month for first ten months if you use a referral)
Discounted price for year 2: $77/month

After year two call and they likely will work to lower the price some from the then current price as your contract will be up.

How much will they lower it? I'm just about out of contract. Thinking i should play the churn game and head back to Dish! But, i really like my HR34, Hr24, H25 setup with Direct!

How much will they lower it? I'm just about out of contract. Thinking i should play the churn game and head back to Dish! But, i really like my HR34, Hr24, H25 setup with Direct!

Every account is different. If you call and tell them you are thinking of canceling and switching to Dish you'll see what they can do for you.
Most likely with a lower package like Select they won't discount as much, but often they can give a credit for a year or so, sometimes waive the HD fee, etc.

Every account is different based on how much you spend, pay on time consistently, how often you upgrade equipment, contract status, etc.

Every account is different. If you call and tell them you are thinking of canceling and switching to Dish you'll see what they can do for you.
Most likely with a lower package like Select they won't discount as much, but often they can give a credit for a year or so, sometimes waive the HD fee, etc.

Every account is different based on how much you spend, pay on time consistently, how often you upgrade equipment, contract status, etc.
I could probably live with them waiving the whole home dvr fee, advanced receiver fee or whatever they call it. Hd has been free since i'm auto pay! I have ultra, HBO, Max. Order a PPV once or twice a month. Never late!

That's for hd service, dvr service, and whole home dvr service.

Atleast with my dish america hd pack hd service fee is 0 dollars

That 25 dollars is alot of money for dvr service.

Yes, pay tv's getting ridiculously expensive! Pretty soon it'll be like a car payment. 200-300 a month!:D

But, anyways what's up with select? It's missing ESPN. Did ESPN relax their bundling requirements or was the Sat industry pulling our chains.

So i have to have whole home dvr service?

It's apparently required with a Genie, even if that's all you have. I'm not sure about without the Genie.

That 25 dollars is alot of money for dvr service.

The monthly fee for receivers is $10/month for a HD *OR* a SD-DVR service.
If you get HD-DVR or Genie it is $25/month.

That was something they changed for new customers about a year ago.

Existing customers pay $23 and the fee is broken into $10/$10/$3. Customers with only one HD-DVR didn't have the $3 whole-home fee.

For new customers they went to a simple $25/mo model, I'm sure profitability factored into that decision.

We have had the no longer offered select classic pkg for years. I think it's the best value pkg they have. We got it when i called for advice on how to lower our costs. The newer select pkg without espn is a recently added pkg. imo, the couple additional channels in the new select pgk don't outweigh espn in our pkg.

Surprised they let you keep it, many on the select package got notices that it was being removed with a few new channels along with the pricing changes.

Perhaps the "classic" stayed grandfathered (for now, could always change at some point).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts