Self Install - Do you use TAPCON's

dssj0hn

Original poster
May 27, 2005
Toronto
Quick question for the self installers. When installing on BRICK, do you use TAPCON's ? If not what do you recommend?

:hungry:

we use tapcon it is much easier then pre drilling 1/2 holes then drooping anchors, or other methods

I've never used them so I cannot give you a review on them.

I use the lead anchors for small dish and the wedge anchors or lag shields for bigger dishes. The lag shields also work great and you can just about hang a car on them.

We usually use Tapcons when mounting Dishes to brick. As an additional measure, we do put some clear silicone on the back of the mount and over the screw holes.

To be honest, its a much cleaner installation and if you ever had to remove the Dish since your not leaving 4 big holes in the brick.

If im not mistaken we use 5/16 x 1 5/8. It takes a 1/4 inch drill to put them in and a 5/16 hex bit to drive them into the brick.

The Wedget anchors someone linked from the Home Depot website are the best you can get. The problem is you got to be exact when drilling your holes so they match up on the mast. Usually I have to ream out the holes on the mast with a larget drill so they will work.

The nice thing about the tap cons is that you can use the mast as a guide when drilling your pilot holes.

Tapcons almost exclusively, even for superdish installs wich I put 6 in the foot plate and will add struts to that, Ive hung onto the mast after doing this type of install and it works good. ( weight with tool belt on comes to about 250lbs )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)