This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Self Install for HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

digitalgm

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2004
All, I have read a bunch of threads here and followed numerous links but I am really looking for a definitive answer as to whether I can self install a triple LNB dish and align it myself to get all of the normal channels and HD. I already have an account just not dish at the new place. Any links would be very helpful and I have already checked out DirecTv's info online.

Please help!

AdamR

You can install your own dish...I did. Do you have a HD receiver? Last weekend I upgraded my receiver (old E86 died) to the new H20 and use my 3LNB dish & my OTA antenna. Picture looks great and had zero problems. When the new dish is available in my area, I will install that myself also.
Go for it!!

thanks for the reply. I will be installing an HD box but I have not purchased it yet. Are there any links or tips you can give me to help me install a multi satellite dish with hd.

It is easier than the guide in the box even shows it.

#1 Buy a decent heading compass as my attached photo shows. $12

#2 Make 1000% sure your mast/mount post is plumb/level all around. DO NOT use wood. As water, ice & sun hit it over time it will warp throwing off your signal.

#3 Find your zip specific dish settings, azimuth, elevation and skew.

#4 Set the skew and leave it alone.

#5 If your mast is perfect, you should be able to set the elevation and leave it.

#6 Loosely set the dish on the mast and use the compass to align the azimuth; you can eyeball and "bump it" to get your signal readings. Wait a few seconds (10) between each bump.

#7 Look for 93+ (get your highest reading) and snug it down.

This is just a VERY BASIC how to, you will find it real easy to do and can always come back for more details if you need them. Heck I bet I even forgot something here it has become so 2nd nature.

Attachments

• compass.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 135
Status
Please reply by conversation.