self install HD and Slimeline

Status
Please reply by conversation.

grasshopper1

Original poster
Sep 20, 2009
Stexas
I purchased 4 HD rcvrs and dish from DTV and am self installing them. 1St problem is that one remote is controlling all 4 sets! Anyone know how to program one remote per set? The Tvs are in a bar and grill enviroment.
Appreciate any help . Thank you

Sure it's simple.

Press Menu > Remote > Advanced Setups

Follow on screen instructions and there you go!

You can use the numbered stickers on the remotes to keep them at the tvs, so they don't get too mixed up.

i believe he is referring to the boxes, if so you will need to order 4 RF remotes from directv or pick them up at Bestbuy and follow the program proceedure!

i believe he is referring to the boxes, if so you will need to order 4 RF remotes from directv or pick them up at Bestbuy and follow the program proceedure!

Huh? Each remote/box is assignable so you can have multiple boxes/remotes in the same room, each running it's own box. That's why the little numbers come with instruction book letting you assign a specific number to each box/remote combination. I don't think he was referring to an RF situation.

Anyone know how to program one remote per set?

That's the question.

This is the answer:

Press Menu > Remote > Advanced Setups >Follow on screen instructions and there you go!

So on each box go through this process and you can set up remotes to control individual boxes in the same room.

What's the issue?

HD self install

Thank you for your responses. One more!! Will each remote operate a separate TV? So far I have had to switch the remote to TV in order to turn on/off the TV. Then switch to DTV/Vid1/Vid2 to control the rcvrs..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts