Self-install of a Dishin' it up upgrade from a 522 to a 622 or 722?

griz_fan

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 13, 2004
Meridian, Idaho
Hi,

currently, I have a 522 upstairs and a 622 downstairs. We now have a hi-def TV upstairs, so I'd like to upgrade the 522 to an HD DVR. Since we do most of our TV viewing downstairs, I was thinking of swapping out the 522 for a 722, putting the 722 downstairs and moving the 622 upstairs. Is this something a person with average tech skills can pull off? From what I can tell, this should be a straight swap-out, since the cabling from the dish/switch to the 522 and 622 is the same as it would be for the 722. Hopefully, I'm making sense here :confused:

Yes, you can do a straight swap. You already have a 622 so I am assuming you probably have HD already and the required dishes. Just match cable for cable with the execption that the tv upstairs will not use the coax connection rather component cables or HDMI. The tv downstairs is already connected that way.

You should have no problem. But just to be on the save side take a picture of the back of the receivers to begin with.
Good luck.

I did a self-install DIU from a 625 to a 622. They never even tried to tell me I needed an installer.

Ted