Self install on new HD DVR?

cah1975

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
I received with my bill the invitation to upgrade to an HD DVR (I currently have the 211). I've also been having problems with my 211 detecting my locals from OTA. Needless to say, I would like to make the upgrade. However, a few months back I "moved" to South Bend,IN. Can I get this upgrade and have them ship the DVR to me and then do a self install? Or is this process more difficult than unplugging the old 211 and plugging the new one in? I'm concerned about a service call being paid to the wrong address.

"Install" it yourself. Since you already have a HD receiver it'll just be a matter of unhooking the 211 and hooking up the new one. Plug and play. If you get a dual tuner-622/722/722k- you'll have to hook up a coax cable to to TV2 for SD.

Ed

I received with my bill the invitation to upgrade to an HD DVR (I currently have the 211). I've also been having problems with my 211 detecting my locals from OTA. Needless to say, I would like to make the upgrade. However, a few months back I "moved" to South Bend,IN. Can I get this upgrade and have them ship the DVR to me and then do a self install? Or is this process more difficult than unplugging the old 211 and plugging the new one in? I'm concerned about a service call being paid to the wrong address.

Go to the check switch screen and either take a picture of it and post it here, or tell us EXACTLY what it says on there.
And we can tell you if it's as simple as hooking up to the seperator of the 722. It will depend on the dish type, and if there's a switch, what type it is.

Also since you have "moved", tell them to send it to you mailing address, not the service address. They send via UPS usually, mine was accidently sent (because the CSR was too lazy to follow my directions) to the service address, UPS called me to find the service site, and I had them forward it to my mailing address

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)