Self install slimline 3 LNB SWM dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kdiver58

Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
North Metro Atlanta
I was at a home-show yesterday and was stopped by a D***TV vendor. After a long conversation they agreed to give me everything for a self install. My GF signed up instead of me .. :)
I've looked into updating before and was told I needed an Acutrac Pro 22 to aim the dish. I'm picking up all of the equipment in 4 days.
I am sorry to say I don't know the model numbers of the equipment I am getting. If anyone has suggestion (meters , web sites , bla bla bla) for this install I will greatly appreciate it .. K

I'm surprised that the DirecTV vendor would actually "give" you everything needed for a "self install".
I'm suspicious about this. Have you ever done a self-install?
It can be done, but with a SWM LNB dish it could be tricky.

All done .. Biggest thing was I had to brace my mast a bit I kept having one transponder on the 99 that would not stay above 90 .. Once I braced it up . I was able to tweak it .. The info off of http://www.dishpointer.com/ was spot on. I preset everything and mounted the dish on the mast rotated it until I got 101 to peak. locked it down on the mast. Then pointed a web cam at the TV. I put my netbook up on the roof and used it to watch the numbers on the DVR's meter and peaked 103 . Went down the ladder and into the house and switched the DVR's meter to 99 back up on the roof and peaked 99 .. That's when I found that I needed to brace the mast. Once I braced it everything stayed above 92 and I was DONE ..

The Slimline dishes are supposed to use two monopoles. You may find you need to add another one at some point if your signal strengths don't hold up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts