Sell me on Dish...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
When I was shopping again this last round, I'd call both Dish and DirecTV. In addition to the hard-sale tactics, my gripe was that you really had to ask a lot of questions to fully understand what you'd end up paying for. Neither company is very straightforward or opaque in the pricing on their advertising literature.

Yeah, the hard-sale tactics are pretty annoying, especially when the Dish guy said, "And we don't have hidden extra charges like DirecTV." Which, of course, they do.

In the end, you can really only compare the companies based on their differences, and there aren't that many. It comes down to programming packages and hardware features.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they all suck, but I can only review the ones I've used first-hand. But if Dish left me a satisfied customer, I'd be much more likely to show loyalty when another company offers me an awesome deal to switch.

eah, I'm pretty sure they all suck, but I can only review the ones I've used first-hand. But if Dish left me a satisfied customer, I'd be much more likely to show loyalty when another company offers me an awesome deal to switch.

Oops...I had a 'duh' moment. Meant to say transparent...not 'opaque'. Opaque is exactly what they are. ;o)

I can't say I had complaints about DirecTV in that I paid them, they gave me service, and it was reliable.

They've been begging me to come back with weekly letters, but you really have to read all the fine print to figure things out.

For instance, if you sign up now, FREE HD RECEIVER! Of course, that's just the receiver. If you actually want the HD PROGRAMMING, well, the you have to read the teeny tiny print on the back.

I'm surprised that both Dish and DirectTV still push SD so much. Seems that they should be focusing MORE on the HD folks.

I don't think most people complain about pricing when it's clear up front. Companies seem to think it's better to put cheap prices in 40pt fonts and then add on 50% more using 4pt type on the back.

Just give us the price up front...we'll pay for it. We just hate the sleazy advertising and double talk we get when shopping for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)