sell or trade their Prof Revolution DVB-S2 7500 USB?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
For the money, anything that normal Satellite TV use would suffer from?

I'm not privy to the official STB6110 specs, and while I have never put a TT-1600 on the test bench, I've communicated with someone who did. If all you do is DVB-S, the STB6110 will work fine. DVB-S2 8PSK may suffer a bit of sensitivity loss. With 16PSK and 32PSK the noise will become a serious limitation. Now there's no guarantee the STV0903 will lock either 16PSK or 32PSK, and there is not a lot of use of those modulations in North America currently, but people in Europe have had some success with it.

Separately I would also offer caution regarding any off-beat tuner on eBay, especially one with a limited or non-existent track record. I did not research this model and I know nothing specifically about it.

I was only trying to address the questions asked, and trying to avoid any OT debate.

When I started in FTA, I thought this was a simple issue. But the more I dug into the facts, the more apparent it became this is fuzzy, with complexities rarely discussed. And in some cases better not discussed. I came to my conclusions and respect others regardless of where they stand.

Indeed, the issue is often times much more complex than it would appear on the surface. Often times people who are new to the hobby don't realize how complex. Usually there are many separate parties involved who may have certain legal rights with regard to programming and content. This can include, but is not limited to, networks, producers, sports sanctioning bodies, local franchise owners, etc. If any one of them takes offense to the fact that content they legally have exclusive rights to in their regions, is being made available in the clear they can demand encryption whether the people uplinking the signal want it or not.

A prime example of this was Equity broadcasting and the time they were forced to encrypt some of their fox stations. It didn't happen because Equity wanted to encrypt. It happened because other parties got wind of the fact they were available FTA and demanded they do so because they felt this infringed on their "exclusive rights" in certain areas. Don't forget that issues such as "black out" rights can be an issue as well. If an owner of an NFL franchise thinks attendance is down and finds out that the games are available FTA inside what's supposed to a blackout area, what do you think his course of action may be? He will contact the NFL. The NFL will contact the network. The network will contact the uplinker and the signal will go dark because the laws and regulation regarding the distribution intellectual property are what they are and are enforceable whether we like it or not.

I'm not saying Rick is a bad guy or that any of the folks on the other side of the issue are. I'm just saying the issues are more complex than some people in the hobby realize and a very good argument can be made for not sharing feed information too openly on the net where any search engine can easily find it.

Pendragon you get the prof running blind scan yet? Windoes or linux? I like your way of finding out how things work. See ya on the flip side, foxtail.

Pendragon you get the prof running blind scan yet? Windoes or linux? I like your way of finding out how things work. See ya on the flip side, foxtail.

The blindscanning with the Prof 7301 and 7500 have been working for me since January on Linux. However this depends on a modified driver that is currently incomplete. There are a fair number of design issues and implementation errors that I have been trying to resolve, but between family and work I just can't find enough time. I'm sure the same could be done on Windows if the drivers were updated in a similar manner.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)