Senate Probe: 'Mystery' Fees on Phone Bills Charge Billions to Consumers

they are mad thay didnt think of it first
from now on everytime you file a tax return you will get a 9.99 a month charge on your cell

They (the FCC) should just make it that every charge that is not a tax collected by a government has to be in the up front price. No recovery fees, approved line charges, other fees with official names, etc.

If they are to advertise the plan as costing $50 it should be $50 plus tax, no other fees.

They (the FCC) should just make it that every charge that is not a tax collected by a government has to be in the up front price. No recovery fees, approved line charges, other fees with official names, etc.

If they are to advertise the plan as costing $50 it should be $50 plus tax, no other fees.

With my bill a significant chunk is taxes on the order of 20% if memory serves me correctly.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

With my bill a significant chunk is taxes on the order of 20% if memory serves me correctly.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Are you sure they are all taxes? The phone companies apply charges that are named to look like taxes, but in fact are just fees pocketed by the phone company. Things like "FCC approved line charge" just goes to the phone company.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)