Android Market (web-based one) issue

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
I already posted this over at XDA but can't hurt here too....

Anyone use https://market.android.com/ and dislike the results you see here, https://market.android.com/mylibrary ? It shows you EVERY app you've EVER downloaded from the Market (whether via your phone or the website). Worse, it says they're "Installed". It has 120+ apps in my library while my phone specifically only has (23) really installed.

How do you really remove an app ? Or, at least get the "installed" flag correct ? They know what apps I currently have installed, so why is this info wrong ?

I've uninstalled a number of apps and they don't show up on that list. Only the ones I have installed do. Not sure what to tell you, I could be an issue with your particular phone and Android version.

Have you checked the market app on your phone to see what it says pertaining to the apps installed?

As long as the web-based Market has existed, it's been "wrong". Mind you, I don't mind seeing what apps I've installed or tried as I may not remember the name of one that I want to try again, but it doesn't differentiate.

The Market app on the phone is correct. I'll post screenshots...

Hmmm, can't take a screenshot from the phone (using 'ddms'). Oh well... The Market app says "23" for "My Apps" and that's close enough. Look at what the online Market shows. Mind you, this is page 1 of 11 or 12.

online-market.jpg

I run custom ROMs on my phone and it's frequently wiped 100% so these really aren't there. Just from page 1, it shows a number of ADW themes. I don't run ADW anymore. I haven't had the AVS app installed in a long time. In fact, on that page, only ASTRO is installed .... yet this says ALL of them are.

I’ve never really played with the web based Market until today. I find it cool it lists all the apps I ever downloaded, I forgot about a few that I downloaded that were removed for some reason or another and I never reloaded. and just sent them to my phone. And for some reason the Fox Business News app does not show up in my Market on the Evo 3D so I used the web interface to obtain it.

Is there a way in the web UI to remove devices and/or rename them? Both my old original Evo and the Flyer show up in my device list, neither of which I have anymore. And I’d rather have my devices be listed as HTC Evo 3D and HTC Evo View as opposed to PG86100 PG41200.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)