Please reply by conversation.

judybob

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
AZ
Hi
I went on Directv web site to the Contact them link
sent them a e-mail asking them to add Voom Channels.
they sent me an email back saying that if a lot of sub wanted Voom
they would consider adding Voom
We had Voom before Direct
we miss a lot of voom's channels
bob

More HD??? Count me in!

I'm going to do this today! If it will get me a chance at more than the limited HD offerings that I have now, I'm all over it! ;)

-edit-

Hmmm.... I tried to email them from the website and I got an error message saying that they could not send my feedback... I wonder if they are getting a lot of emails right now? My guess is yes, considering the recent sabre rattling from Dish regarding their commitment to leading in HD offerings.

Frankly, I'd rather have them add the missing national HD channels and/or go back to full resolution then add the V* channels. Sorry, no e-mail from me.

Gotta and agree with rad.
I am a former voomer who is waiting to see what happens with HD locals in the Detroit area.
Quite frankly I will take Universal HD and the convince of Detroit and Toledo HD over re-run movies and fashion shows. I will miss Rave however.

Here is my part.

Dear DTV,
Please add these VoOm and other channels soon or I'm leaving and I think I can speak for thousands of others like me which I read about in forums like Satelliteguys.us.
Thank you for your time.
Sorry to be so abrupt but you draged your feet to long.
gunn55

Guys, it won't do any good.

EchoStar added Voom because they already had LNBs pointing at the old Voom satellite's orbital slot. It was a complete no-brainer. All they had to do was change the encryption methods from Voom's to Dish Network's. Why they aren't offering all 21 channels today is beyond me.

DirecTV would need to literally perform new uplink of 10+ MPEG2 HD channels.

With their focus on LiL, I don't see this happening.

DirecTV would also not do something that followed EchoStar's strategy.
They are trying to differentiate the service, not look like a clone of something that, to the average consumer, seems much more inexpensive.

Do me a favor, gunn. Don't speak for me again, please.

This will not be happening, guys.

I don't think it can hurt to be proactive and let them hear from us lunatic HD fringees, and often. It's true we don't represent anywhere near a majority of their subscriber base who are still mired in SD (perhaps contentedly.) And I realize they are a business that has to cater to that majority, but the folks here at satellite guys (at least the ones at the "true believer" Voom forums where I came from) seem to be fairly united. I certainly believe that a persistent vocal minority can have an effect on a seeming massively immovable beaurocracy. I'll be writing for whatever it's worth.

I had Voom and D* ... I do not miss the Voom channels at all. Oddly enough most of the HD that I watch and/or record comes from OTA to my HD TiVo, not via satellite. Currently ESPN2 and StarzHD are all I care about.

MPEG4 will allow for a very large expansion. Once they get the other 2 birds in the air I think the ball will roll very quickly.

I have already asked for more HD ... I have learned over time that they will do it when they can and not before. To quote Charlie Vooms content is simply "not that compelling." ;)

Hogarth said:
DirecTV would also not do something that followed EchoStar's strategy.
They are trying to differentiate the service, not look like a clone of something that, to the average consumer, seems much more inexpensive.

Do me a favor, gunn. Don't speak for me again, please.

This will not be happening, guys.

You do know that D* does mirror about 100 plus channels.

Sorry, Hogarth, But I did say, I think I could speak. Not speak .

You people crack me up, What are you going to bitch about when all the channels are HD. Why can't you people just wait and let these people work as fast as they can to update there systems. D* seams to have a handle on getting what we want and at a better quality by next year. While E* is only interested in stealing your money buy Buying or Renting there crappy equipment and no originality in HD Channels, and poor PQ.
Just let D* do there thing and will all see if it was worth the wait.

Directv

I wrote Directv and ask them if they were considering adding additional HDTV like the voom stations besides all the local because that doesn't interest me I have an OTA that work just fine. there reply that they sent was just the standard company line that when the new satellites go up there adding 1500 new HD local channels. They did not say anything about adding anything people don't already have with an OTA. There new equipment probably wont allow you to use an OTA, so you have to get it from them. and we cant forget there motto "The Leader in HDTV" :confused:

"With their focus on LiL, I don't see this happening." They better change their focus.

"You people crack me up, What are you going to bitch about when all the channels are HD. Why can't you people just wait and let these people work as fast as they can to update there systems." I understand what you are saying .....you have to give Direct some time to do what they have to do. But ...it looks to me as if their first priority is local ch's in HD. All those new sats for locals isnt a great idea right now. They must announce what their plans are to bolster their pathetic HD PAck. Its a must. Not that they have to act now....but announce plans at least.....by the way where in the world in TNTHD?

"I had Voom and D* ... I do not miss the Voom channels at all. " Its a matter of choice really. When I had VOOM I use to turn on the tv and go through 25 HD ch's to see whats on. Some of the ch's didnt spark my interest at all....but I miss MonstersHD and RaveHD.

All the providers already have all the HD programming that deserves to be on TV. TNTHD doesn't have anything worthwhile on it. Universal HD same. The only ones worth watching are ESPN-HD, InHD, HDNet, and Discovery HD. I don't want channels that are just there to provide HD content. I knew 2 people with Voom, only HD News was I interested in watching. I can live without that for a while. They need to start where there is the most want and need to programming. Most people want their locals in HD but can't get them OTA. We're 6 miles from Pittsburgh and can't even get them here. Although I rarely watch broadcast TV anymore. I still want it over any other HD channels that exist. We do have waivers for FOX and CBS. Otherwise it's just as good as QVC in HD right now.

Plus for what has been said we'll be seeing some national channels as well. So perk up chap.

Why bother writing them. I just voted with my wallet. I'm Selling the HD Tivo and leasing a 942.

drbill28 said:
All the providers already have all the HD programming that deserves to be on TV. TNTHD doesn't have anything worthwhile on it. Universal HD same. The only ones worth watching are ESPN-HD, InHD, HDNet, and Discovery HD. I don't want channels that are just there to provide HD content. I knew 2 people with Voom, only HD News was I interested in watching. I can live without that for a while. They need to start where there is the most want and need to programming. Most people want their locals in HD but can't get them OTA. We're 6 miles from Pittsburgh and can't even get them here. Although I rarely watch broadcast TV anymore. I still want it over any other HD channels that exist. We do have waivers for FOX and CBS. Otherwise it's just as good as QVC in HD right now.

Plus for what has been said we'll be seeing some national channels as well. So perk up chap.

Wow I am surprised that you feel that we already have all the good channels. You are more than welcome to your opinion. I do feel that TNT-HD has some quality programming and I would like it to be added. While we still don't have InHD 1 & 2 on DirecTV I do agree with you that it's worth watching. I am lucky enough to be getting the 4 major networks in HD and I do find myself watching more network TV than I was before. As for the Voom programming, it seems to be hit or miss with people. I also like HD news as well as Rush HD, Monsters HD & Rave HD. There are others I like but those 4 are some of my favorites that Voom offers. Even if the channels in HD are not your cup of tea at this time there is no doubt they will only get better over time, ESPN & ESPN 2 HD are good examples of that. I'm very much looking forward to the rumored announcement expected in June.

Status
Please reply by conversation.