Sent to Charley

wtourigny

Original poster
Mar 24, 2004
Mr Ergen,
I was very pleased with the upgrade plan you put in place to let us replace our Mpeg2 receivers with new Mpeg4 models. I am however, very concerned with this new direction Dish has decided to take on messing with the quality of your HD broadcast. I have spent a lot of money on HD, having 3 HD TV's and 3 HD receivers. (2 811's and 1 6000 which are owned not leased) I spent this money to have the best picture quality available. Now that you have decided to broadcast some channels in HD-Lite, I feel I have been robbed of the ability to use this equipment to it's full extent. Right now, I really have no incentive to purchase the new receivers because I am not getting what I feel I paid good money for. Charley, please step up to the plate and rethink your decision and give all of your customers the product you advertise, TRUE HD-TV in it's TRUE resolution. You will leave your competition "in the dust" as their customers will all switch over to Dish. You win be in a win-win position, new subscribers and happy loyal existing customers. Just think of the good PR this would bring you and your company. You would truly be the "Leader in High Definition Television" In the mean time, I will sit back and wait a month or two and see how all this play's out. I have been a longtime customer and Dish supporter(1997) as are a lot of other people out there, and I'm sure they feel the same as me. The upgrade plan and new HD channels was a great start. Now finish the deal and give us back true HD-TV. You will be the MAN!! Thank you for your time.
Wayne Tourigny
Sterling Ma. 01564
waynetourigny@msn.com

wtourigny said:
Mr Ergen,
I was very pleased with the upgrade plan you put in place to let us replace our Mpeg2 receivers with new Mpeg4 models.
You might want to rescend that now that it has been stated that you can only upgrade one receiver a year.

Ya I figured that might be the case. It stinks for us with more than one HD receiver, but If I do get one, it will go on my main TV as that's where we do 90% of the viewing. I'm having trouble with the e-mail address for dish so they might not get my message anyway. But thank you very much for filling me in.

Sorry, I guess spell check didn't catch that one! Like I said I'm having problems with my e-mail so he probably won't see it anyway. Do you think "CHARLIE" really reads these things or just some other employee? I have sent other e-mails (with the correct spelling) and never heard anything back. Just a thought. After reading other post this morning, I think I was a little premature in my praise of the upgrade plan. A lot more hidden cost and things I was not aware of has me changing my tune a little. I will wait out the storm and see what happens. Anyway, I think this forum is great. I have been a member for a year or so but I don't post alot. I just keep up to date with things. Probably because I don't spell so good. (HAHA)

wtourigny said:
Do you think "CHARLIE" really reads these things or just some other employee? I have sent other e-mails (with the correct spelling) and never heard anything back.

It depends on to which e-mail address you use. If you send it to ceo@... then he probably only gets a summary. If you send it to their actual e-mails then yes they do respond. I got an e-mail response from Charlie and Jim both recently (and he even called me... Jim not Charlie). He is supposed to call me back today or tomorrow regarding an issue.

teachsac said:
wtourigny said:
Do you think "CHARLIE" really reads these things or just some other employee? I have sent other e-mails (with the correct spelling) and never heard anything back.
It depends on to which e-mail address you use. If you send it to ceo@... then he probably only gets a summary. If you send it to their actual e-mails then yes they do respond. I got an e-mail response from Charlie and Jim both recently (and he even called me... Jim not Charlie). He is supposed to call me back today or tomorrow regarding an issue.

Alright, what's "Charlie's" email address???

Seriously...what is it???

Last edited:
wtourigny said:
Mr Ergen,
I was very pleased with the upgrade plan you put in place to let us replace our Mpeg2 receivers with new Mpeg4 models. I am however, very concerned with this new direction Dish has decided to take on messing with the quality of your HD broadcast. I have spent a lot of money on HD, having 3 HD TV's and 3 HD receivers. (2 811's and 1 6000 which are owned not leased) I spent this money to have the best picture quality available. Now that you have decided to broadcast some channels in HD-Lite, I feel I have been robbed of the ability to use this equipment to it's full extent. Right now, I really have no incentive to purchase the new receivers because I am not getting what I feel I paid good money for. Charley, please step up to the plate and rethink your decision and give all of your customers the product you advertise, TRUE HD-TV in it's TRUE resolution. You will leave your competition "in the dust" as their customers will all switch over to Dish. You win be in a win-win position, new subscribers and happy loyal existing customers. Just think of the good PR this would bring you and your company. You would truly be the "Leader in High Definition Television" In the mean time, I will sit back and wait a month or two and see how all this play's out. I have been a longtime customer and Dish supporter(1997) as are a lot of other people out there, and I'm sure they feel the same as me. The upgrade plan and new HD channels was a great start. Now finish the deal and give us back true HD-TV. You will be the MAN!! Thank you for your time.
Wayne Tourigny
Sterling Ma. 01564
waynetourigny@msn.com
You need to clarify what you mean by "HD-Lite" and "True-HD". These are not standard industry terms. Perhaps, explain in terms of resolution:

"HD-Lite" = 1280 x 1080i, 1440 x 1080i (anything less than 1920 x 1080i)
"True HD" = 1920 x 1080i

Also, you need to clarify that only the VOOM channels are "HD-Lite" (1280 x 1080i).

Last edited:
Just an FYI......tried to send him an email last week and came back undeliverable as these are being blocked if it is from an "unknown" sender. Me thinks he is screening his email and not getting or reading any of them!

Please do not post Jim or Charlies email address here, we have been asked by Dish not to tie up their emails.

For all problems which require their attention please use the ceo@echostar.com address which goes to the executive offices (and Jim and Charlie does get a copy of the emails as well)

Jimmy J said:
teachsac said:
Alright, what's "Charlie's" email address???
Seriously...what is it???

Like Scott said and I said in another thread. I will not post their e-mail in a public forum (or in a PM either). My situation was above the executive resolution team and I found their e-mail through internet resources. I have taken the time to buid a relationship with them over the past two months, and they have responded in kind. I have brought up and talked about many of the issues with them in addition to the situation that occured with me.

kokomogator said:
Just an FYI......tried to send him an email last week and came back undeliverable as these are being blocked if it is from an "unknown" sender. Me thinks he is screening his email and not getting or reading any of them!
Trust me they are all printed out and they go over them at a daily meeting.

I'm sorry if i'm posting this question in the wrong place. i'm new to this forum....

I keep reading that people are not happy with the new offer.... but what is the offer? is there a url i can go to? i want to read the details of the offer.... i have an 811 receiver which is leased. i'd like to know what the deal is for existing customers who are leasing hd receivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)