Separate "HD" Forum(s) pointless now

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that an "Advanced Problems" forum is just going to cause more problems for the Mods, as people will post threads like "How do I add HBO?" or "How do I sign up for Dish?" to the Advanced Problems forum. :rolleyes:

So, I second gbjbany's vote for one Dish forum.

But, if you really want to try the Advanced Help forum, I don't have serious objections to it, I just don't think it will stay on topic.

Is there any chance of any changes in the Dish Network Forums structure, or we doomed to have endless duplicate threads (often with people cutting and pasting their own posts from other identical threads) ?? :(

I have an idea

one forum for dishnetwork
if its hd related the poster shuold just put Something like this in the subject or title feild ( HD )

Here's the current headers:
The Dish Network Forum
Your place to discuss Dish Network and the Dish Network service including programming, promotions, news and more!

Dish HD Discussions
Discussion of Dish Network High Definition equipment and services.

Dish Network - Technical Discussions
Technical Discussion of NON HD Dish Network equipment and service, including software release notes direct from Dish Network.
Discussions about SD programming go in the 1st one (?). Questions about AT200 go in the 1st one (?).

Questions about AT200+HD go in the 2nd one (?).

Questions or comments about software release notes for the 622/722 HD-DVR go in the 3rd one.... wait, it says "NON HD" equipment.

Do you wonder why people are confused and/or post in the "wrong" forum ? Fact is, people post in the first place they think even sounds remotely right. Having the perfect structure won't change that.

I at least think there should be a separate HD forum. There may be crossover material and I can go to the regular dish forum to read that. But we don't want just one forum as we will have to filter through posts from the SD riff raff.

The Dish Network Forum
Your place to discuss Dish Network and the Dish Network service including programming, promotions, news and more!

Dish HD Discussions
Discussion of Dish Network High Definition equipment and services.

Dish Network - Technical Discussions
Technical Discussion of NON HD Dish Network equipment and service, including software release notes direct from Dish Network.

Maby they should add a sub forum here for hd equipment

Sometimes this thread makes me feel like I am living through groundhog day, over and over :D

But seriously, I just don't think that there is that much to be gained by changing the structure of the Dish forums. In the short term, it would make it harder for the staff and cause more confusion for users than it would be worth.

Why not remove the forum "descriptions" ? They are confusing as is it....

And if done properly and with some foresight, how would this be "harder" or "confusing" to anyone ? Users would post in the most appropriate forum and staff wouldn't have to move threads.

Sometimes this thread makes me feel like I am living through groundhog day, over and over :D

But seriously, I just don't think that there is that much to be gained by changing the structure of the Dish forums. In the short term, it would make it harder for the staff and cause more confusion for users than it would be worth.

Not changing the structure, just eliminating the HD Forum. There are HD posts in all the other two Forums, so it just makes things more difficult for the staff and more confusion for users to have the separate HD Forum.

Also, we now need a separate "EchoStar" forum. For example, the ATSC tuners introduced at CES have nothing to do with "Dish Network" at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)