Separate Satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

badboo71

Original poster
May 14, 2004
I have such an incredibly small line of sight, I cannot pick up local channels on my sat. Does anyone know if I can set up another dish to tune in the local channels satellite(I forgot which satellite that is), and then connect the two dishes through a multi-switch? Has anyone ever tried that? In theory it seems like it would work. I currently have a triple lnb oval dish and have access to another oval as well as an 18" round dish. I currently only have directv/tivo dual receiver hooked up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

where are your locals?
119 or 72.5?

72.5 needs a different dish anyways, so I'm assuming 119

yes, it can be done

I live in the Norfolk, Virginia area. I'm pretty sure locals are on 119 in my area. Any procedures on how to do it and any equipment recommendations?

how many receivers do you have?

All you need is a 4x4, 4x6, etc multiswitch. The number after the x is the outputs.

I have directv/tivo dual receiver in my living room and a regular receiver on another tv. So 3 connections currently.

Your locals ARE on 119.

I'm in South Carolina, but I do a lot of business in your area for the military and government. I've help many dbs people in your area.

With a separate dish for 119, you cannot and should not use a Phase III lnb. Your best bet would be two round dishes with two dual lnb's.

The switch can be as simple as two 22 Mhz tone switches, a 2x4 switch or a 4x8 switch.

I have the switches, if you want to do it yourself. If you don't need it done soon, I will be in your area in late February or early March.

Thought about this a little more.

If you don’t have HD, you can do it with 2 dishes. You would need a regular dual LNB for the Phase III (it has a switch built in that screws this up) and a 2nd dish with dual LNB.

Use the first diagram and you should be OK

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)