seperate dish through dish 1000?

jawja

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2004
The dish 1000 won't get 129 which I need for the atlanta HD locals. My question is, if I set up a dedicated dish just for 129 can I run it through the 1000 dish some way ??? Thanks....................

yes

you will need a DishPro dual (or single) LNB and hook it to the IN input of the DPPTwin that they will put on the D1000.

Yes. Disconnect the coax from the 129 DP Single going to the DPP Twin. Mount the 2nd dish and run a coax from that LNB to the DPP Twin. Then clear the switch matrix, and run Check Switch again.

I am in the same boat. My new DISH 1000 will NOT pick up a signal for 129. I can only assume the path to 129 is obscured by my neighbor's tree. I have two old platters lying around, and want to use the LNB that came with the 1000 to find another site on my property where I CAN hit 129. But where can I find the numbers for pointing a 300 dish at the 129 bird?

gbjbany said:
can he not use the dp lnb for 129 that is on the d1000 ? or is it "fixed" to the d1000 ?

he could as long as his Dish has either the "D" type holder or an "I" adapter if its one of the rectange LNB holders.

zvogt said:
I am in the same boat. My new DISH 1000 will NOT pick up a signal for 129. I can only assume the path to 129 is obscured by my neighbor's tree. I have two old platters lying around, and want to use the LNB that came with the 1000 to find another site on my property where I CAN hit 129. But where can I find the numbers for pointing a 300 dish at the 129 bird?

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/Satellite-Heading-Calculator.htm

put your zip in the bottom to get latitude/longitude and select 129 as satellite :)

Will the numbers I get there work with a Dish 500 with an I adaptor? Does the skew need to be adjusted for use with a single lnb pointing to 129?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts