Seperator really needed in this setup?

light200

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 31, 2006
So I have an older VIP211 and it has the seperator used for both SAT inputs on the back. My setup has recently changed and I no longer need the SD feed back upstream for other TV's in the house....so my question is do I really need to keep the seperator in the loop to feed both SAT inputs on the box, or is that only needed for the setup where you would want to backfeed? Can I simply connect the incoming satellite coax from the dish right into SAT1 input on the box and be done with it and still get all my HD channels?

I think he means he has a diplexer to combine the channel 3/4 output with the sat signal.

I'm essentially only using the VIP222 for a single HD connection to a single TV. nothing else anymore.

The separator is required to feed both of the satellite tuners. The separator portion has nothing to do with the SD output from the receiver. If you have the combination separator and diplexer, just disconnect the feedback output and forget about it. Or you can replace it with a separator the has just the 2 satellite outputs. If you are only using one TV switch the receiver to the single TV mode and you can then play with PIP.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts