Serial remote issue w/DTVH10

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mdareau

Original poster
May 31, 2004
Well, my old Sony bought the farm with the LNB power suppy and they say I have to send it back to Sony since the parts are "no longer available", bought an H10, but don't have an HD to connect it to....whaaaaaa! Hey, just thinking ahead though...;)

Here's the question though, the old Sony remoted my stand alone Tivo (now a Humax DVR) thru the serial, since I hate that IR blaster...thought I had read somewheres that the H10 could use the low speed data port in the same fashion, so that solved my problem, or so I thought...I'm finding that I have to use the IR blaster, since it's not seeming possible to use the data port to remote the Tivo...

My install is older, not using a multiswitch to each set, so I was using the Sony's RF remote to run the upstairs set. But, the H10 is either IR only or RF only, so I can't just set the H10 to the Blaster, then change it to RF to use it for upstairs....

Anyone see anything I can do, to get back to using a serial connection to remote the Tivo? Of course, I *could* buy the DTV/Tivo, since they just dropped the $ by 300...sigh! But, that of course would mean buying yet another lifetime Tivo service contract..and yes, I know when I finally GO to a digital set, the Tivos I have will be unusable...lol!

Just thinking.....for now....

Thanks....

The Low Speed data port is not turned on as far as I can find out working with TIVO and D* The IR will not work either with my H-10 so I just moved my Series II Tivo to another room to a SD set. If you get the D* HD Tivo it only cost 4.99 a month to run the Tivo, Good Luck Tho

Thanks for the input...think I'm gonna stay with the H10 for the time being, tested the porting to the bedroom thru the secondary rca, via an RF converter...works fine, but going to have to ponder the remoting....that's something I think DTV should consider in an upgrade, having the capacity of using BOTH IR and RF at the same time...

That, AND with the potiential changes to the MPEG-4 formats, which would make this all moot...lol!

Nice avatar....;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)