Server Work In Progress

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
While most people are enjoying today's football games I am going to be doing some work to our severs and forum software.

There may be periods where the site is unavailable for a few minutes as I work. I will try my best to keep interruptions short. However most of the work will not be noticeable.

A few weeks ago we upgraded our PHP software as it was reported a security flaw was in the version we were running previously, unfortunately upgrading the PHP broke a few things in the forum software. There are some updates available for our software which are supposed to fix what the new PHP broke.

While on the talk of doing server work, earlier in the week we moved our cloud hosting over to Amazon's Cloud hosting service. The feedback I have received has been positive especially for those folks who were having issues with our previous cloud hosting service. The Amazon hosting might cost more but it if makes the site better for everyone then its worth it.

Remember the only things served from the Amazon cloud are the images, and java script. All the rest of the site comes from our servers in Dallas which are humming along. :)

I will update this thread when work is complete. :)

Thanks for your patience as we continue to make SatelliteGuys better for you.

Ok done for the moment... now time to go make dinner. :)

Have fun guys and thanks for being SatelliteGuys! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)