Server Work Is Done

When someone (or more than one) likes it shows at the bottom of a post. I used to be you could hover your mouse over their name and see how they liked (the type of like would pop up). Now, it's only text and you can't see who liked, loved, sad, hated, etc.

See this post above, it has two different types of likes by a few people. You can't tell how each liked. You also don't know who the two others are anymore.
Ahhh, gotcha. Didnt notice that when I posted. Thanks.

Can you explain the "likes are still text"?
This is what it used to look like here (this example is from the Mustang Mach-E Club forum) when you clicked on the Reactions for a post:
1674681115297.png

Ok folks I am done for tonight.

What I did is I removed Engintron which allowed us to run NGINX as a caching server (Engintron | Nginx on cPanel done right) as in the past our control panel did not support NGINX.

However over the past year (probably a little longer) our control panel has added NGINX support... but it was buggy. So I have been keeping an eye on it and reports are it is very stable now.

So by removing Engintron we are now able to use the supported Control Panel version of NGINX which should be more stable and robust as it is part of the official operations from Cpanel / WHM. We no longer are relying on a 3rd party plugin.

As this new caching builds its cache, I am seeing content that is catchable popping up much quicker already. So I am happy with this move so far. And we were only down for about 30 seconds in making the move. :)

Other forums seem to just setup their software and if it's running great.... they never seem to update things if it's running fine. But I am not happy with that from a security standpoint and also from a standpoint of keeping everything up to date including plugins and backend server software.

I am not a set it and forget it guy, I always want us to have the latest and greatest and for things to run as best as they can. :)

Thanks for being SatelliteGuys!

Ok folks I am done for tonight.

What I did is I removed Engintron which allowed us to run NGINX as a caching server (Engintron | Nginx on cPanel done right) as in the past our control panel did not support NGINX.

However over the past year (probably a little longer) our control panel has added NGINX support... but it was buggy. So I have been keeping an eye on it and reports are it is very stable now.

So by removing Engintron we are now able to use the supported Control Panel version of NGINX which should be more stable and robust as it is part of the official operations from Cpanel / WHM. We no longer are relying on a 3rd party plugin.

As this new caching builds its cache, I am seeing content that is catchable popping up much quicker already. So I am happy with this move so far. And we were only down for about 30 seconds in making the move. :)

Other forums seem to just setup their software and if it's running great.... they never seem to update things if it's running fine. But I am not happy with that from a security standpoint and also from a standpoint of keeping everything up to date including plugins and backend server software.

I am not a set it and forget it guy, I always want us to have the latest and greatest and for things to run as best as they can. :)

Thanks for being SatelliteGuys!
Thanks Scott

Hi everybody,

I am copying some files and also doing some archiving and backing up of some files. This process MAY slow the site slightly as its being done. If it does slow down remember it will be back to normal speeds shortly.

Thanks for your understanding! :)
After Dish this is more important to everyone! Even your home Compter and cell phone. Speaking of Dish we should Backup our timers on the DVR as well.

Reactions: charlesrshell