Server Work Tonight (and today)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be nice to hit that number a few times. With a load reduction like that is satguys looking at right sizing the server?

Sent from my Timex Sinclair using SatelliteGuys

With a load reduction like that is satguys looking at right sizing the server?
Nope, we own all 3 of our servers. :)

I just felt it was time to remove the vbSEO package as our support contract was about to expire and I felt that it no longer really did anything except eat resources and provide us a likes system. (Which is why I installed the new likes system before removing vbSEO) :)

vBulletin has advanced a long way since version 4.0 came out (We were using version 3 when we first started with vbSEO) and now a lot of SEO features are built in vBulletin without the need for additional software.

I also wanted to remove vbSEO before our support contract ended in case we had issues removing the software, and while I did have issues removing it I figured out the solution on my own. (Which makes me feel good when I can figure out something on my own) :D I did not need to contact support for additional help, but I felt good knowing that help was there if I needed it.

I fixed a few issues tonight once I got home from my families annual summer party. :)

1) If you went to http://satelliteguys.us (without the www) it would take you to the site. But once you logged in it wouldn't let you do anything as it does not recognize the url without the www as being our server. Now if you go to http://satelliteguys.us it automatically redirects you to http://www.satelliteguys.us

Another reason this was important to fix was Google was indexing both satelliteguys.us (without the www) and www.satelliteguys.us, doing this can cause us issues and penalize us (including loss of ad revenue) for having duplicate content being indexed. With this fixed it is not an issue anymore.

2) Fixed the sitemap issue. This morning is any of the bots tried grabbing our sitemap they got a 404 file not found error. This is now fixed and the bots have once again started indexing with the new sitemaps.

3) Fixed an issue members were having subscribing to threads.

4) Removed DISHSTORE.NET's shopping cart software and website from our servers. Since DISHSTORE is no longer operating its online store there is no reason for us to host it anymore.

Other then that everything appears to be working very nicely! :D

Site seems to be doing good without vBSEO. At least now you have one less thing to worry about when doing upgrades.

Same here

NotMe: What post of yours is it ? I wonder if others see it but not the poster themselves. That's what I'm seeing, at least.
Just check and now it's there but when I posted it wasn't.:eek:

It was this post.

Wow, but off the link I don't see it.

Capture.PNG

I see it now. Looks like if you link directly to it, it doesn't show. When I browsed that thread, I could see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)