Service address

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

johnboy27

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 28, 2007
Peoples Republic of Kalifornia
Hello to all,

this is my first real post. I've read a lot about "moving". I'm not really sure on how to? Changing my service address, but keeping my billing address.

My local channels do not have HD on E*, but they are on D*. My 18 month contract ends in Jan. 08. I really like Dish, so I really don't want to leave. Getting an HD antenna really will not work, as I would only get one network channel.
Thanks to everyone that helps.

You basically call and give a 'service address' of a place that's in the market of where you'd get the channels you'd want. Billing addresses and service addresses are separate entities in the computer.

However, it has to be within reason (somewhere relatively close to where you are) due to spotbeams. Often locals are on spotbeams and they can only broadcast from the satellites 'over' a certain area.

For instance, you can't get the locals here in Bangor ME from California.

I hope that helps. If you have a friend that's not likely to get Dish ever, you could always use their address. Some people just make one up or pick one.

There's a wealth of info here about such things. Hopefully people who have done it can chime in if my information is incorrect.

It sort of helps if your "moving" area is located in an area where the locals are CONUS rather than spot beam. In my case when I moved from NY to SC I just never told them I moved. I put up my own dish and just plugged the receivers in. Paperless billing took care of any mail. And the NYC major networks are all Conus so no worry about being out of the spotbeam

LA HD Locals are on Transponder 27 on 129, assuming Lyngsat is still accurate. This is a ConUS transponder and it is shared with Cinemax HD East.

You should have no problem should you decide to move.

Thanks for the replies! I live on the central coast of California, so the I would probably go with LA HD locals, I'm half way between LA & SF.

Are you interested in broadcast networks besides the Big 4? The "central coast" is a big area, and depending on where you live SF or LA might be better. For example the SF spots (including Big 4 HD on 119) appear to go at least to halfway down the coast of San Luis Obispo County. While LA spots don't go even as far north as Santa Barbara if you believe the maps, so you wouldn't get the minor LA locals or PBS.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)