will TBS HD be stretch-o-vision ?

September 1 will be just before the start of the MLB playoffs on TBS, so I sure hope E* is doing something to get a deal in place.

What is crazy is that they (TBS) showed all of their Braves games in HD OTA in the Atlanta area last year. However, NONE of the games that have been on TBS this year have been in HD. I don't understand why they are going backwards if they are about to go full time HD. Very strange.

I hope E doesn't go cheap on the upcoming HD content and sit on their laurels or they'll be short one customer thats for sure.

I'd say we'll have it by the end of the year at the latest.

But didn't I hear somewhere that Turner and D* had some partnerships or something?

I hope E* has this one at launch. This is one channel I have been waiting on. We watch alot of reruns of Seinfeld and Everybody Loves Raymond.

Edit: I know Seinfeld was never recorded in HD but the later episodes of Raymond were.

I was looking at TBS as another source of HD Movies with commercials. I am hoping that the movies shown on TBS are different than those shown on TNT.

and will it be mirrored on 61.5?
I would assume it will be but by then if not by next week I should be pointed at 4 birds and have all bases covered

Neither was Hogans Heroes, but I think any show shot on film could be transfered to HD.
Anything shot and EDITED on film. Last twenty or more years, shows have been shot on film, transfered to tape, then edited. Those shows would have to re-assembled from original film negative, so I don't see that happening too much, except for hits like Seinfeld. And any tape originated sitcom, i.e. Cosby, will never see the light of HD (and for the most part, thank goodness!)

If it is in the odd stretch version like TNT, I would rather not even have the channel. Every time I look at TNT I just have to change the channel. I do not see how they can possibly think that stretched HD is in any way shape or form better than just black bars or even color bars like ESPN does... If I want to stretch the image I have a button for that.

Original productions

Except for the original productions (The Closer & Heartland ) I never tune into TNT. TBS may be the same way. When it hits E* we will find out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts