Service call charge

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jackal24

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 7, 2009
Cincinnati
I have e* coming out tomorrow because I lost most channels. They wanted to charge me $29 for coming out. I even have the Dish Home Protection . What is the point of this service if they charge you? They did waive the fee after I complained, but I am wondering for next time and to see whether to keep the Protection plan after it is no longer free.

As a side note, the rep got all snippy at me when I laughed because she told me that if I wanted to cancel the service call to cancel at least 24 hours prior. This is when she is giving me the appointment only 20 hours in the future.

Cable companies dont charge to come out and dont charge $6 per month to protect equipment that is not yours. It does not seem like Dish Network is doing a very good job of being very competitive if they keep trying to charge people. No wonder why they are losing subscribers.

Cable companies dont charge to come out and dont charge $6 per month to protect equipment that is not yours. It does not seem like Dish Network is doing a very good job of being very competitive if they keep trying to charge people. No wonder why they are losing subscribers.
The cable company (Comcast in my area) also doesn't run new cables for free during installs ($60 a pop here), and charges 12.99 per month for 1 DVR and 22.99 PER MONTH for a second dvr. I guess that's why everyone in my area is switching to DirecTV or Dish Network....

But you are right, rolling a tech for a service call is free. But they will never "fix" the problem. Usually just a band-aid.

I dunno what your talkin about but comcast has always charged a service charge of $45 dollars everytime no Matter what just to come out. I had HD issues and it was on there end the problem they still charged me $45 dollars Thats why I sent my friend to Directv and get rid of Comcast.

with the cable carrier in my area, they would not tell you about a charge when a tech is dispatched. reason why is because if the problem is before the cable gets to the green cable lock box on the side of your home, its their problem. if the problem is after the green plastic box, its your problem. at that time, the tech will start disclosing what is wrong and what it will cost.

if you think about it, dish does the same thing. if the problem starts at your dish, your problem. you pay. but if the problem is at the satellite in the sky are before, then its their problem and they dont charge you.

I had to have a dish tech come out to trouble shoot a problem with 622 programing/hd. Two techs came last sunday. They replaced all the cables, installed a new 722 and added a second dish for 61.5. I have the DHPP. This was all done at no charge. Life is good again.

Cox charges $35 if you caused the problem or if the problem is in the internal house wiring. If the problem is outside or their equipment its free.

In my only dealing ever with Dish and an equipment failure they replaced my owned and out of warranty 622 for free and waived shipping so I can't complain.

yes,on the work order it will state for the tech to remedy any service interuption at no cost to cust
00.gif

If they didn't do this, I think there would be a lot of very upset customers; myself included.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)