Service call charge

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
So my appointment was scheduled for today, but of course no one showed up after I spent all day waiting. They say the work order was misplaced.

Contact CEO immediately!!!

So my appointment was scheduled for today, but of course no one showed up after I spent all day waiting. They say the work order was misplaced.

I had the same thing happen to me with Dish ,waited allday for them to show up ,just to find out they lost work order.When writting ceo be polite but stearn explain what happenned,most likely when they do finally show up that call will be free plus you may get some free credits like I did .I got 2 month free service when I told them this was unacceptable not having them show up.You can go online and check your service calls appointments ,in my case it was right there on the site they were supposed to come on this day(print out or save copy ).If you dont receive satisfaction,threaten to quit Dish(even if under contract,because even though you are under contract they still will lose money if you jump ship)but if it comes down to leaving Dish just make sure if you are on autopay you cancel that card that way they cant come back at you and take out the full amount.
As a 2 year customer of Dish I am very dissatisfied at how Dish is screwing over certain Customers,originally signed up because Dish was cheaper than Cable.but thats not the case anymore.

Those company which don't charge for service call still have the expense of paying the tech, the truck, etc. So the cost is still there. Either you pay the service call when the problem arises or you pay every month in the form of higher charges. The problem with the higher monthly costs method is that you may never need a service call in your lifetime but each month you pay for all your neighbors' service calls on your bill.

A truck roll typically costs $100+ to the company for even a simple service call. Someone is going to pay for that. No such thing as a free service call, even if the charge for the service call is $0 on your bill. Think about that.

Dish used to do the Free service calls several years ago when it was called Digital Home Plan and the cost of the service was $5 per month.

The problem is that it lead to too many Bullsh!t service calls for things like customers wanting a receiver relocated, or for their remote to be programmed for the volume on their TV and they then refused phone tech support insisting we send someone out.

Now since its $29, it makes the customer think before asking someone to come out and they are more willing to do trouble shooting before agreeing to pay the $29

I had a lnb go bad about a year ago maybe it was longer than that. I pay the 5 bucks a month to cover repair costs. I had to first call tech support and go through the pains of check this do that... but when the repairman came out I wasn't charged anything. They are now charging 30 bucks for this? bs

Last edited:
(I figured I would just post again.) In my line of work I drive a lot all over two counties. I see dishes thrown out all over the place. If that 30 dollar service charge applies to everyone I need to start picking them up. I can agree if the call wasn't legit they would get charged. Without the DHPP it's 100 bucks? I can buy one and install it myself and not wait on a tech. Geeze......I may have to re think paying the 5 bucks a month or am I grandfathered in?

(I figured I would just post again.) In my line of work I drive a lot all over two counties. I see dishes thrown out all over the place. If that 30 dollar service charge applies to everyone I need to start picking them up. I can agree if the call wasn't legit they would get charged. Without the DHPP it's 100 bucks? I can buy one and install it myself and not wait on a tech. Geeze......I may have to re think paying the 5 bucks a month or am I grandfathered in?

If Dish thought that "enough" customers could SUCCESSFULLY install their systems, they would let them do it in a heartbeat. It would save them millions upon millions upon millions of dollars that go to the installation section (DNS, Sub-contractors, etc., etc.) of the business.

I have no doubt that a good number of people of this MB could install their own system (and some even have the system completely up to Dish Network specs), but when compared to the subscriber base of 13 million people, that's hardly a "drop in the bucket".

Out of 13,000,000 subs, I doubt there's more than a percentage point or two that could actually do it.

Last edited:
The dish might be the property of the landowner but Dish Network wants the lnb back or they will charge you for it if you cancel the service. If it belongs to Dish, they can fix it or come and get it. They want to charge $29 to replace an eye and will not mail you one to put on yourself if it goes out on a Dish 500. I think this is the biggest crock of bull I have ever went through.

Just to let you guys know, contacting the ceo email address and even talking to someone higher up when they start trying to reach you will NOT get them to ship a Dish 1000 lnb to you. They say that their system does not allow them to do it. The best they will do is a one time waiver of the $29 fee. I guess the next time it happens it's time to switch providers, especially if the dang thing goes out that often.