Service Call Problems -

RogueKnight

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 5, 2004
Southwestern Ohio
Called VOOM customer support two weeks ago with several problems:

1. Lost all local channels on my second VOOM box. Wires all connected and nothing been touched. RESULT: Was told probably either a box problem, a duplexer problem or a problem with the wires. Service call scheduled to pull Duplexors, change Boxes, and rewire as possible. Told me he authorized three hours for the work which should cover it. Scheduled for between 08:00 and 12:00 today.

2. Loss of signal due to rain, near rain, far rain, sometimes when it seems to be going to rain... RESULT: Was told the tech would work on getting a larger dish but was not sure if possible. Emailed Walt to see if her could help but it was pretty short notice and he may not of had time to get involved as of yet.

3. The original installer did not give me my Dvi-D cables. RESULT: Was told they would be dropped off next service call.

Got a call from the service personnel about 09:30 today and was then asked, "So what is the problem?". Patiently explained the stuff for the third time and then was told he knew nothing about a new satellite but would go to the receiving warehouse and check on it and would call me back in a few minutes. Also mentioned when was my next free time if we need to reschedule...Ouch! Well that is almost 2 hours ago and I have heard nothing further and if I call his number from caller id there is no answer.

Getting kind of frustrated, really like VOOM but well I am sure you understand, I have been without local channels in my family room for almost three weeks, and looking like the service call my vanish. My wife who usually watches the TV in that room is getting somewhat unhappy!!

Will update this as I time progresses, I posted this just to let people know what is going on and also I guess as a place to vent to you other VOOM users....

Charley

UPgraded Satellite shipped but install company vanished.

UPDATE:::

Just got on the phone with VOOM support and was told the upgraded satellite was approved and shipped on July 6th. THANKS WALT!!!!!!!!!

Been three hours since my phone call from Interstate Satellite informing me that would check the warehouse and get right back to me. Still have heard nothing....

VOOM support folks are trying to get in touch with them at this moment.

Got a feel another service call in going to get schedule.....hope they choose a different company!!!!

Charley

PS Hope the other install folks they have hired are better!!!

PPS Anyone thought about starting a thread on just install companies?
Maybe list the company and good bad etc? Or is the service quality just too random.

RogueKnight said:
Anyone thought about starting a thread on just install companies? Maybe list the company and good bad etc?
Great idea! Feedback, both positive and negative, could help these companies improve their services.

RogueKnight said:
UPDATE:::

Just got on the phone with VOOM support and was told the upgraded satellite was approved and shipped on July 6th. THANKS WALT!!!!!!!!!

Been three hours since my phone call from Interstate Satellite informing me that would check the warehouse and get right back to me. Still have heard nothing....

VOOM support folks are trying to get in touch with them at this moment.

Got a feel another service call in going to get schedule.....hope they choose a different company!!!!

Charley

PS Hope the other install folks they have hired are better!!!

PPS Anyone thought about starting a thread on just install companies?
Maybe list the company and good bad etc? Or is the service quality just too random.

if they don't call you back today or come i would call voom and request another company to come on the next appointment so you don't have this same problem. great idea on the thread on just install companies. wonder if they could just add it to this web sight.

[VOOM] Re: Service Call Problems -

I'm glad things went well. If you would like a different company,
request just that when VOOM calls to schedule or you call to schedule.

Depending on where you live, there may be another company who could
do the job. If not, at least they can send out a different tech, if
you wish.

--- In VOOM@yahoogroups.com, RogueKnight <RogueKnight.196tua@n...>
wrote:
>
> UPDATE:::
>
> Just got on the phone with VOOM support and was told the upgraded
> satellite was approved and shipped on July 6th. THANKS WALT!!!!!!!!!
>
> Been three hours since my phone call from Interstate Satellite
> informing me that would check the warehouse and get right back to

me.
> Still have heard nothing....
>
> VOOM support folks are trying to get in touch with them at this
> moment.
>
> Got a feel another service call in going to get schedule.....hope

they
> choose a different company!!!!
>
> Charley
>
> PS Hope the other install folks they have hired are better!!!
>
> PPS Anyone thought about starting a thread on just install

companies?
> Maybe list the company and good bad etc? Or is the service quality

just
> too random.
>
>
> --
> RogueKnight

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/EyMolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VOOM/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
VOOM-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

UPDATE 2 -- Installed showed up but no Satellite dish

Update Number 3 -- Sorry its so late but had a dinner to go to.

The installer apparently got the many phone messages from me and also from Installs Inc. He showed up around 3:30-4:00. He did not have the new satellite dish, but apparently he had not been back to their office to check it out.

He did solve a bit of the local channel problem, I have one of the boxes with the inside box that the local antenna connects to with the cover. Sorry not sure what the actual term is. He replaced the internal one and the external cover and that seemed to help. However he told me that there still seemed a problem but that was the best he could do today. He also fixed some problems the other installer had ignored, on the outside wiring. The original installer had grabbed the ground from my cable modem install and left it ungrounded. He fixed the ground on both. Also cleaned up the mess of cables and put wire ties on to straighten them out.

When the original installed was here he ran the cables from the antenna over my storm gutters. The end of the gutter was 3 foot to the left, plenty of room to run past them. This guy said he would fix them on Tuesday.

Seemed like a knowledgeable person who wanted to see that things were done correctly!!!

He then said he would schedule another visit on Tuesday to install the new Satellite dish and swap the boxes, told me that since there was time left on his ticket and the work was not complete he could do that. I hope he was correct! I was told my voom that he new dish had been approved and shipped on July 6th. I would have thought he would have had it by now but apparently not. He also informed me that with the very directional antenna I have the chance of picking up the signals from Cincinnati were pretty slim. (I live south of Dayton).

Concerning the Dvi-D cables he told me that are not included in the installation package.... still working this issue.

Well that is the latest, I hope to give you more information on Tuesday evening.....

Charley

PS Glad the installers thread was thought to be a good idea.!!! Good to have one idea now and then that does not get howls of laughter as a response...lol

PPS I showed him this site and how much information was available on it, and he told me when he got the time he was going to join and contribute his information....well what he could...

Mini-UPDATE:

Noticed that on the system he "fixed" there is no longer any schedule information not only on the local channels but on all the channels...

I have reset it twice and the schedule information does not reappear..

Guess that was one of the "addition problems" he mentioned. I did not notice it at first as it always takes a lot of time to download the info...

Charley

RE: [VOOM] Service Call Problems -

Whenever I have that problem, I unplug it, wait 2 minutes, plug it back in
and it will all reset in about 30-60 mins.

Worth a shot...

Robert

_____

From: RogueKnight [mailto:RogueKnight.197lma@nobody.satelliteguys.us]
Sent: Saturday, July 10, 2004 10:05 PM
To: VOOM@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [VOOM] Service Call Problems -

Mini-UPDATE:

Noticed that on the system he "fixed" there is no longer any
schedule information not only on the local channels but on all the
channels...

I have reset it twice and the schedule information does not
reappear..

Guess that was one of the "addition problems" he mentioned. I did not
notice it at first as it always takes a lot of time to download the
info...

Charley

--
RogueKnight

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

ADVERTISEMENT

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129ovo2hn/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr
oups/S=1705036932:HM/EXP=1089601507/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://comp
anion.yahoo.com> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups/S=
:HM/A=2128215/rand=537016319>

_____

Yahoo! Groups Links

* To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VOOM/

* To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
VOOM-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:VOOM-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>

* Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

Robert Heitner said:
Whenever I have that problem, I unplug it, wait 2 minutes, plug it back in
and it will all reset in about 30-60 mins.

Worth a shot...

Robert

_____

Had done that last night twice, but it was raining and I lose reception quite badly in the rain and my larger dish is not in yet.

However I tried it this morning and it worked, clear skys are a nice thing sometime...

Charley

Day 1 update....

Well the service guy was susposed to call me today to schedule for installing the other equipment tomorrow....

Hmmm did not receive a call......

Not really surprised, maybe he will still call tonight and I can eat these words, however not expecting it.

Did get an email from Walt and a another from another VOOM person requesting more info.....Maybe there will be some action...

Going to wait till after I see how this goes with my local service company before I fill in there info, right now it would not be a very good review...

Charley

Charley

Good News, Bad News..I am confused....lol

The installer called me and told me he needed a charge number to install the new dish.....but he did not have either the dish or the number yet!

Called VOOM today and got an install number for them and Installs Inc, and passed that to my service guy. Apparently that number never came up in their computer... However the installed did tell me in an email that he had a new dish for me or good information about it. Tomorrow going to call VOOM and maybe Installs inc and see why the number they gave me today has not show up in the computer...hmm after I check with my installs guy and see if it is there...

Getting very confusing...

COncerning the VOOM e-mail problems, I passed back several more E-MAIL addresses as they seem to have trouble getting to my normal one (Rogue seems like a problem to some to spell). However did not receive anything from them today....

More Confused....

Well when I get more data I will post it. Hope this is not too boring...

PS THE ALL STAR GAME WAS TERRIBLE HERE..... Raining a good distance away from my home and it really screwed up my reception..wish I had the new dish..........

However my installer is really working this issue, we have contined communication since Saturday and he seems to be working the issue!!!

Final Update on this thread!

Installer returned today and installed a new larger satellite dish. Looks pretty large around 30" or so taller than it is wide....

Waiting for the next rain, (due this afternoon/evening) to see if it helps.

Also my local antenna was mounted on the back of the dish on an attached post, which placed it above the dish. This created a long lever arm that when he slightly moved the off air antenna the satellite dish moved a lot.This installer changed that and placed the local antenna on a separate mount. Showed my how if the local antenna moved just a bit as with the wind the satellite dish was also moving. Told me he had some success mounting them this way and getting a more stable satellite signal in windy and rainy weather.

So other than waiting on the software upgrade things seem to be moving well for me.

Will try to take a pic of the dish and post it tomorrow when I have more time.

Charley

More problems...

Nope never got DVI cables but was told they would mail them to me.

HOWEVER when the installer moved the local antenna he must have not aligned it properly as I am now getting lousey reception on most of my local channels which up to this were great!!!!!

Going to call VOOM again and ask them to REfix the local antenna....

It never ends...

Lost....in Pixel land.

Called VOOM and they have scheduled a return visit. Basically when he mounted the local antenna on the shorter pole I lost three local channels. They are scheduled to be out on Monday afternoon to raise the antenna back up to where it was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)