service in Canada

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I will note that it's relatively new. They added it shortly before Time Warner acquired my market after Adelphia went bankrupt (5 years ago or so I think). Towns that were closer to the border probably had it all along because they can usually pick these things up using regular antennas too.

If the cable companies can do it, I don't see why the satellite carriers shouldn't be able to though.

cable co's on the border (within 150 miles or so) usually have CBC and some closer have CTV & Global too

We've been down this road. If CBC wants to be carried on satellite, they would need a special feed since alot of shows that CBC has the rights for in Canada other stations have the rights for in the US

What prevents CBC News Channel and CTV News Channel from being made available outside of Canada and have them available on U.S. Satellite, cable, and telco providers?

An only slightly modified version of the CBC's Newsworld channel was on DirecTV for years. Eventually the US distributors (NBCU) sold the slot to the world's greatest snake oil salesman for his "world is coming to an end" channel.

There also was a channel called Trio, also distributed by NBCU, which the original format was to show Canadian dramas, including Black Harbour and North of 60, not seen in the USA. They changed the format to an "arts" channel, and that failed and the slot become Slueth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)