Service Phone Number 85 Miles Away From Service Address

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If someone does not connect phonelines and you have a second home and you have all calls forwarded to the second home when your there and Dish calls, how would they know that you are not at your original home?

hobojoe said:
:( on the contrary it effects me greatly! i have no phone line. i get all the distant networks. and I'm a full time rv'er with only a mailling address. people cheating the system will only bring the problem to everyones door step! there are a lot of people that depend on the distant networks. they are rv'er, truckers, and those that will never see locals for there area! so please keep us in your thoughts when you say you don't care about locals or phone lines. and distant netwoks.
This isssue effects us all..Rv users and truckers do not have an exclusive province on this..
I think the bottom line is we must all be given the choice of locals...
IMO, the regulations are WRONG....I believe they should be challenged in court and I hope if that happens the courts rule in favor of the consumer...
In the mean time anyone who attempts to get local programming and harrms no one is particpating in old American civil disobedience..
Those who are getting out of market locals are paying for them..So where's the problem?...

:) first i did get the photos uploaded of my sat truck both in the members photos and profile page. second i do be live everyone should have the right to view any channel they want and only though es they want to pay for. dish is in very big trouble over this and we should back them in every way possible. the consumer or us the people have lost all connection and voice in our so called democracy. our government is taking every single right from you and shutting you up at the same time. the networks are in total control they have the money to persuade the government to do anything they want. so i believe its a battle that must be fought by dish with our help. by just asking for distants is fine with me. but ordering them and using a false address to get them and then connect your phone line to prove its not in its registered location causes dish to be in trouble. enough people doing this and dish will get audited as they have witch showed many people were cheating the system in numberuse ways. and ultimately brought the law suit and the audit team calling everyone to verify the locations of these receivers. i believe dish did have steps in place to ensure those eligible could get them that is as long as you didn't lie to them (which i have not)) so what i have been trying so hard to get across is if your going to cheat the system suck it up and pay the f-n phone fee (DO NOT CONNECT THE GOD DAM PHONE!!!) or is that to much for you to comprehend???:mad:

OK, Mr. Hobo, since YOU decided to keep rambling on about the "phone line" BS (that you obviously have NO clue whatsoever how it works!) & since you keep rambling on about how you "try and live a humble life. so i give my apology's to any one i have offended" & since it will be completely MY fault & EVERY other mover's fault that YOU might loose ALL your distants...

hobojoe said:
i currently have local for San Diego, the east NY package, the west la package, the Denver stations ala-carte, and the chicago stations ala-carte.

Hmm, interesting - so you have now told the world, that instead of ONLY gettting TWO sets of distants, which is the max that EVERY distant sub is "legally" entitled to, you are actually getting DOUBLE that. (I'm not even counting the San Diego locals) I'm going on the assumption that you are getting them with a combination of subs between E* & D*. BUT, it really doesn't matter - the point being, YOU ARE "cheating the system" (as you like to tell US) since you are getting MORE distant signals than what "the law" tells you that you're SUPPOSED to have.

Ooops, I guess you are ONLY using E* for ALL FOUR distant packages - which means you really ARE cheating, since E* can LEGALLY ONLY sell you TWO cities - hmm, how'd swing THAT???

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=639384#post639384
hobojoe said:
my programing is the platinum hd with locals, the super stations, all four distance network city's

Truefully, I couldn't give a rat's heiny if you get a dozen different distant nets - BUT, DON'T sit there & throw stones at other people's ethics, when yours are NO better! :p :rolleyes:

to me the distant networks and wavered locals are in the same watchfull eyes of dish and others, watched by phone audits.

It's ONLY in YOUR mind - as everyone else keeps trying to tell you; THE G-D, F&*#$ING PHONE LINE HAS NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING TO DO WITH DISTANT NETS - CONNECTED OR NOT, REGARDLESS OF THE ORGINATING PHONE# THE BOX CALLS FROM!!! IT IS ONLY FOR VERIFYING STACKING PURPOSES FROM MULTIPLE RECEIVERS - NOT THAT "IT'S WHERE A BOX IS SUPPOSED TO BE" - A PHONE LINE CANNOT PROVE WHERE A BOX IS SITTING, OTHER THAN MULTIPLE RECEIVERS ARE SITTING ON THE SAME, F$#!ING PHONE NUMBER!!!

OK, how about this - I suppose if I (or anyone else) really cared that what you are saying exists, did YA EVER think that all one has to do, is get a VOIP with a "compatable number for a given DMA" - OK, problem solved! (Sorry, but I will NOT be spending the extra money to get a Chicago DMA phone #, I'm just trying to get into your mindset on this phoneline obsession you keep having w/distants... :confused: )

i just don't want us to screw each other by openly cheating the system. at least try hiding it a little. my address is a mail box. for mailling and service.

You STILL have NOT addressed the problem with HOW you are getting your DBS provider(s) to let you have a "mail box" for your physical addy, since they will NOT ACCEPT PO BOXES FOR PHYSICAL ADDYS! (oh, but maybe YOUR special... :rolleyes: ) If it is NOT a PO Box, then (obviously) it is some sort of physical address, be it a hotel, apartment building, etc. But the truth be told, there IS a reason why you WON'T answer this simple question that has been asked twice. (& I am begining NOT to buy the "full-time RV'er" grandma story, either... :rolleyes: )

i also have vonage (voip) but very rarely use it for dish.

How DO you use Vonage w/out a broadband connection - I DO know that Vonage (& others like it) will NOT work well at all w/a satellite broadband connection, so if you are "on the road", I would think you would NOT be using it much at ALL - & why WOULD someone pay $20+ a month for something you can hardly use. (ie: something (else) is fishy here - so-called "full-time RV'ers" DON'T have Vonage... :confused: )

Oh looky here, do you WORK full-time out of your "full-time RV"???

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=644193#post644193
i am a long time diecway/hughesnet customer and beta tester. i recently became a starband dealer installer.
So, how DO you get stuff shipped to your RV??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

...and then connect your phone line to prove its not in its registered location causes dish to be in trouble. enough people doing this and dish will get audited as they have witch showed many people were cheating the system in numberuse ways.

Ummmmmmmmmm - thick as mud on a slide.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

(you know, you might possibly get more people to take you seriously if you tried spell-check)
BTW, is that the wicked "witch" of illegal distant nets :D :D

and ultimately brought the law suit and the audit team calling everyone to verify the locations of these receivers.

ONE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE OTHER - PERIOD!
The lawsuit was because E* OPENLY SOLD DISTANTS TO GRADE B CUSTOMERS - NOT BECAUSE OF MOVERS, NOT BECAUSE THEY USED THE WRONG PHONE LINES IN THE WRONG AREA CODES!!!
I guess this will be another agree to disagree thing - BTW, what were the colors of those law "suits". :D :D

or is that to much for you to comprehend???

Obviously, ALL of this is WAY, WAY too much for YOU to... :confused: :rolleyes:

I'm not an angel

First thing you've said that I DO agree with... (I call it passive-aggressive myself...)
And, considering what you posted here, that's an understatement:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=647540#post647540

hobojoe said:
i got a question i want to get a used wb system and use it for only a few months (6mo max) then depending on the service keep it as back up. I'm going to use it illegally as in portable RV. i know about the spotbeam problem with this. but what i don't want is to get the original installer in any trouble. any advice? i plan on bull sh*tting wb into thinking a dish was already there and i got a modem from a private party they already say OK to that part. when actually the entire system will be second hand. any advice? thanks!

Oh what a tangled web we weave...
Now you can go back & watch all of your doubled-up distants in your "FULL TIME RV" that supposedly has EIGHT tuners in ONE RV - uh huh, maybe you're driving an RV for the Rolling Stone's Band...
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=639384#post639384
i have a 7100/7200/501/508/2-301's. they are bringing the vip622

(you know, I found some other of your "interesting" posts, but I think I have more than proved my point... ;) )

Last edited:
:no i work full time for DOD! living in my RV traveling from each location as they desire. i save the TAD money that would other wise be paid for the hotel rooms. voip over sat works perfectly fine. i have had little to no problems with it. my address has been a PO box for the 10 years i have had service with dish network. the PO box is a united states post office box on a military installation. they have never had a problem shipping to me. or a problem with that address. you can call dish and order all the distant networks your self. its even available on line if you are authorized. the audit team has called me about every three years to check on me. as they did this late spring to complete the new forms. they are fully aware of my situation. i own all the receivers but only have three active right now. a 7200 for webtv a 508 for the dvr and a 301 for general use. i assume my new picture has shut you up about how many dish's i have. and people using voip out side of there area is fine with me its better than you hocking up your phone in NY when your account says la. i still say everyone should have the right to get any station they want apparently that's the only thing you agree on. and i try and live a truthfull humble life that doesn't effect any one else. even the pop is a siner. the day i say I'm perfect then call me Jesus. the spell check may need to be checked then because i use it every time. any thing i have missed I'm shire you will gladly point out! eagerly waiting your reply!

hobojoe said:
:) first i did get the photos uploaded of my sat truck both in the members photos and profile page. second i do be live everyone should have the right to view any channel they want and only though es they want to pay for. dish is in very big trouble over this and we should back them in every way possible. the consumer or us the people have lost all connection and voice in our so called democracy. our government is taking every single right from you and shutting you up at the same time. the networks are in total control they have the money to persuade the government to do anything they want. so i believe its a battle that must be fought by dish with our help. by just asking for distants is fine with me. but ordering them and using a false address to get them and then connect your phone line to prove its not in its registered location causes dish to be in trouble. enough people doing this and dish will get audited as they have witch showed many people were cheating the system in numberuse ways. and ultimately brought the law suit and the audit team calling everyone to verify the locations of these receivers. i believe dish did have steps in place to ensure those eligible could get them that is as long as you didn't lie to them (which i have not)) so what i have been trying so hard to get across is if your going to cheat the system suck it up and pay the f-n phone fee (DO NOT CONNECT THE GOD DAM PHONE!!!) or is that to much for you to comprehend???:mad:

No offense joe but if you'd break your posts up a little (paragraphs) and improve your sentence structure (ie periods at the end and capital letter starting), they'd be a lot easier to read.

thread has clearly run its course so I am closing

dishrich...you have a lot of very valid points in your last thread :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Will a bigger dish boost my Spotbeam signal?

211 question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)