Service Restored to 129 Satellite!

DishSubLA said:
That would apply to all the "cable" channels, as well, as they up available ONLY on satellite for cable, IPTV, FiOS and DBS to receive and re-transmit, and those channels are often grouped on "neighborhoods" so even just ONE satellite failure means buh-bye to a whole slew of pay TV channels.

That is true. I think losing one whole bird will effect Dish and Direct more than the others, particularly Direct

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I wouldn't have notice unless it was for the forum and uplink reports. Totally solidifies my satellite geekiness for putting up a spare dish500 I had in the shed pointed to 72.7 just for kicks connected to the 1000.2. I think I will keep it there :)

I don't watch my HD locals on satellite, I use the 2 OTA tuners, frees up the satellite tuners for other timers to fire.

Here's hoping it will be fixed by the morning and hope the prevent the issue next time.

What does this exactly mean and when Wed morning??

Just found this on 9news in Denver.

Just thought I would share it.

http://www.9news.com/news/local/art...-signal-problems-will-be-fixed-by-Wed-morning

DENVER - DISH Network says it does not expect to be able to solve its signal problem with several channels until Wednesday morning.
Colorado-based DISH says there is an outage for many of its HD channels, including KUSA and KTVD, due to a "satellite anomaly." DISH says it is working to restore the channels overnight and expects to have them operational by Wednesday morning.
DISH says many customers can watch the channels in SD instead of HD while the problem is being resolved. To do that, customers can unplug their receiver from the main power source and plug it back in to see the SD channels.
The company first acknowledged the problem through its Twitter feed on Tuesday afternoon.
When 9NEWS contacted DISH, we were told there are signal problems in several states, including Colorado, Texas and Ohio.
At 5 p.m., DISH posted this message on its Facebook page: "We are currently experiencing an interruption affecting the 129 orbital satellite location. We have identified the issue and are working as quickly as possible to get your channels restored. We apologize for the inconvenience."
Both the HD channels for KUSA and KTVD are down, along with many other stations. Our technical experts say it may be an uplink problem with a satellite since the SD channels are available and are on a different satellite.
(KUSA-TV © 2011 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)

The disgronificator tripped out on the satellite and the whole hard drive has to be reformatted and reloaded before they can reboot it and start updates.

Here's another update.....although not as informative:

9/13/11 3:35PM PST

"HI Guys,
I'm an Agent with Dish Network LLC! I want you to Know that we are working Diligently to get services restored, currently we had a major Satellite #129 is completely down and that wiped the HD for the Country! So Please Do Not call into Dish We know whats going on and we will restore your service ASAP!!! If you have a HD receiver (722, 222, 622, 922,211) Please turn off you HD and you should be able to watch Standard television!!!! Thanks for understanding!!!!! Please tell everyone you know! we currently have no ETA on when it will be up! In mean timer all standard defination channels are working fine off sat's 110 and 119 respectively. Currently We don't know what happened to the sat 129 exactly other than its "Dead" in space currently".

Dish Rep #3417

looks like the timers on my 722k are automatically recording in SD.
sweet.
no big deal for me.
But the two new customers I installed HD systems for today are both a bit bummed.

I've also had about a dozen phone calls from existing customers regarding this issue.
I'm getting a good script going for telling them how to work around it for now.

Maybe they forgot to pay their bill? Or maybe it's another dispute. I hope not because that could take months. Kidding btw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts