service through Bellsouth???

Status
Please reply by conversation.
meldar_b

meldar_b

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 20, 2006
159
1
Floyd Co. Kentucky
anybody have D* service through Bellsouth?:confused: if so how's the billing:confused: AND other services
 
T

teknophyle

SatelliteGuys Family
Bell South and DirecTv

All you have to do is have complete choice bundled together with unlimited long distance and tell them you want to add your directv account onto bundled service. Then you will get $10 off per month from yout DTV bill. But you must maintain Complete Choice with either Unlimited Long Distance or Cingulair Wireless.
 
charper1

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
18,442
6
I'm Nationwide
And FYI: if you already have a high speed internet provider, you can get cheaper & better full service package VoIP telephone campared to their (or any telco's) Complete Choice to save even more money than their bundles.
 
meldar_b

meldar_b

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 20, 2006
159
1
Floyd Co. Kentucky
I'm sorry:rolleyes: What I meant to ask about bellsouth service does anybody have any problems with the billing and services from bellsouth. I have heard some complaints about service problems, such as charging $30 for each service calls and then making customers pay an additional $5 a month for a protection plan (Sounds like a scam to me):eek:. I have only had the DSL service for 2 days and I have already spent 2 hours on the phone with tech support over a modem problem. I sure hope this is not a thing that will happen with the D* service that I bundled with my phone.... :eek:
 
Jimbo

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 14, 2005
65,221
4,986
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
meldar_b said:
I'm sorry:rolleyes: What I meant to ask about bellsouth service does anybody have any problems with the billing and services from bellsouth. I have heard some complaints about service problems, such as charging $30 for each service calls and then making customers pay an additional $5 a month for a protection plan (Sounds like a scam to me):eek:. I have only had the DSL service for 2 days and I have already spent 2 hours on the phone with tech support over a modem problem. I sure hope this is not a thing that will happen with the D* service that I bundled with my phone.... :eek:
That really doesn't sound unreasonable.
Probably, if you have the $ 5 protection plan, that would cover (in the event of) the service call.
Your protection plan probably covers all your wiring and jacks thruout the house
($5 p/m) in the event you have any trouble inside... I would reccomend it, unless your willing to track down trouble with you wiring someday could be in attic, crawl or inside walls ect. that $ 5 covers a lot of situations.
as for the modem issue, if it is brand new service, I don't mind making a few calls to get everything up and running properly in the beginning, once my dsl was up and running, I have not had another problem since then, (over 2 years now)

Jimbo
 
ejdowden

ejdowden

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 4, 2006
50
0
I have BellSouth for my local phone service and DSL service. I have no other option for high speed internet as cable is not in my area and I dont want to do DirectWay. I have Cinguar as my wireless provider and I bundle through BellSouth.

I have been trying to add DirecTV to my bundle for over a year and BellSouth says I have it but Im not getting the discount. they send me to DirecTV and DirecTV send me to BellSouth so Im stuck right now. Very frustrated with BellSouth right now. Direct TV just gave me a $90 credit for the last 9 months of missed discounts so Im happy with them. But Im currently stuck in Bellsouth escallation over my $10 bundle discount. If it was not for needing BellSouth for DLS Id drop them in a minute.
 
meldar_b

meldar_b

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 20, 2006
159
1
Floyd Co. Kentucky
thanks for the replys;)

you are right about the protection plan being worth $5 a month. I think I will get that service added. the D* installer should be here tuesday aug. 1st...
my next thing I wish I could get my locals from Lexington KY instead of Huntington WV....:(

thanks
 
JerryVolunteer

JerryVolunteer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 30, 2004
637
13
Memphis, TN
I had my Cingular and DirecTV both bundled with Bellsouth but kept having a problem if something went wrong with one of them. DTV would tell me that I would have to call Bellsouth and Bsouth would say DTV. You get the run around alot. Also, with Cingular the bill was always a month behind. I finally got all mine back with their respective companies since it was to much of a hassle when problems arised.
 
damaged

damaged

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 22, 2005
2,605
1
South of Heaven
meldar_b said:
I'm sorry:rolleyes: What I meant to ask about bellsouth service does anybody have any problems with the billing and services from bellsouth. I have heard some complaints about service problems, such as charging $30 for each service calls and then making customers pay an additional $5 a month for a protection plan (Sounds like a scam to me):eek:. I have only had the DSL service for 2 days and I have already spent 2 hours on the phone with tech support over a modem problem. I sure hope this is not a thing that will happen with the D* service that I bundled with my phone.... :eek:

I ordered D* through Bellsouth (over a year ago), and even though I got D* through Bellsouth, I have never had to deal with Bellsouth again wrt D*, I go through D* directly for everything, billing, service, etc, as that is what Bellsouth told me from day 1, Bellsouth does not bill me for D* at all, D* bills me directly, D* is not even mentioned on my Bellsouth bill (nor is Bellsouth mentioned in my D* bill), that may have changed with new BS->D* subs, however.

I, myself, never had any billing problems with either company.

The optional 5 dollar a month protection plan fee is not a scam, it is what D* charges, not Bellsouth.

As for the DSL, for a serious internet user, for the most part, sucks, its DNS servers are the weak point, use external (non-bellsouth) DNS servers and you'll be golden.
 
Last edited:
Jimbo

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 14, 2005
65,221
4,986
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
damaged said:
I ordered D* through Bellsouth (over a year ago), and even though I got D* through Bellsouth, I have never had to deal with Bellsouth again wrt D*, I go through D* directly for everything, billing, service, etc, as that is what Bellsouth told me from day 1, Bellsouth does not bill me for D* at all, D* bills me directly, D* is not even mentioned on my Bellsouth bill (nor is Bellsouth mentioned in my D* bill), that may have changed with new BS->D* subs, however.

I, myself, never had any billing problems with either company.

The optional 5 dollar a month protection plan fee is not a scam, it is what D* charges, not Bellsouth.

As for the DSL, for a serious internet user, for the most part, sucks, its DNS servers are the weak point, use external (non-bellsouth) DNS servers and you'll be golden.
So damaged,
If your services are not placed on the same bill and bundled so you get a discount, what is the point in bundleing the services ?

Jimbo
 
damaged

damaged

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 22, 2005
2,605
1
South of Heaven
Jimbos said:
So damaged,
If your services are not placed on the same bill and bundled so you get a discount, what is the point in bundleing the services ?

Jimbo

Sorry, I should have noted, I never signed up for a bundle technically, though I do have phone service through them, they either, did not have, or did not offer Telco+D* bundles in May 2005, at least not to my knowledge, it was never offered to me as a bundle at that time.

I'd be interested in knowing what the OP was told he'd pay for TCPlus (or whatever he chooses) through a bundle, and how it compares to the way I get it.
 
Last edited:
Jimbo

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 14, 2005
65,221
4,986
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
damaged said:
Sorry, I should have noted, I never signed up for a bundle technically, though I do have phone service through them, they either, did not have, or did not offer Telco+D* bundles in May 2005, at least not to my knowledge, it was never offered to me as a bundle at that time.

I'd be interested in knowing what the OP was told he'd pay for TCPlus (or whatever he chooses) through a bundle, and how it compares to the way I get it.
I know I have Verizon for my phone and internet and that they carry D* as well now. When I called awhile back about what thier offer would be, I wanted to see if I could bundle the services and save a little money.
They said that Seeing I already had D* that it could not be added to the billing and bundled.....
vs, if I had the verizon before the D* I could have added it that way.
Never got around to asking if it would save me anything.

Jimbo
 
C

cth68

New Member
Apr 12, 2006
4
0
Alabama
i have had bellsouth bundled with D* for over 2 years now. all bundles are placed on one bill except D*. for some reason the D* savings does not show up until after bill is mailed out. my bill will show one amount but if i check my account a few days before bill is due it will be $10 less. so ejdowden you most likely didn't receice $90 due to missed discounts instead you actually overpaid $90 and was being refunded.
 
ejdowden

ejdowden

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 4, 2006
50
0
cth68 said:
i have had bellsouth bundled with D* for over 2 years now. all bundles are placed on one bill except D*. for some reason the D* savings does not show up until after bill is mailed out. my bill will show one amount but if i check my account a few days before bill is due it will be $10 less. so ejdowden you most likely didn't receice $90 due to missed discounts instead you actually overpaid $90 and was being refunded.

If I follow your logic then I should see the discount applied on my next bill where they say Previous Bill amount then show what I paid to show the ballance of $0.00. But the amount of the previous bill is the same that the previous bill showed not $10 less.

Do you follow me?
 
C

cth68

New Member
Apr 12, 2006
4
0
Alabama
i understand what you are saying. mine is just different in that it still shows i owe said amount but i paid $10 dollars less and ending balance $0. lower down on the bill it shows $10 bellsouth savings. i called them about it to make sure i wasn't underpaying and they told me it posts after bill is mailed out but my balance is $0. i guess i assumed everyone's bill was the same.
 
ejdowden

ejdowden

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 4, 2006
50
0
I dont get anything on my D* bill referencing BellSouth. I do see the DirecTV phone number on my BellSouth bill though. LOL
 
S

say-what

New Member
Mar 6, 2006
2
0
New Orleans
ejdowden said:
I have BellSouth for my local phone service and DSL service. I have no other option for high speed internet as cable is not in my area and I dont want to do DirectWay. I have Cinguar as my wireless provider and I bundle through BellSouth.

I have been trying to add DirecTV to my bundle for over a year and BellSouth says I have it but Im not getting the discount. they send me to DirecTV and DirecTV send me to BellSouth so Im stuck right now. Very frustrated with BellSouth right now. Direct TV just gave me a $90 credit for the last 9 months of missed discounts so Im happy with them. But Im currently stuck in Bellsouth escallation over my $10 bundle discount. If it was not for needing BellSouth for DLS Id drop them in a minute.
I had a problem twice with the BellSouth discount disappearing from the bill. The 1st problem came shortly after the discount began and disappeared after 2 months and the 2nd came when I put the account in suspense b/c of Katrina and then failed to resume when I reactivated.

Both times I got the problem resolved by calling BellSouth and having them conference in DirecTV - that way I knew the info was relayed. The discounts resumed within 2 months with all past due amounts properly credited. No problems since.
 
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Similar threads

John Corn
Replies
0
Views
2K
John Corn
John Corn
R
Replies
21
Views
11K
Jimbo
Jimbo
I
Replies
2
Views
2K
meldar_b
meldar_b
C
Replies
1
Views
1K
skinnyJM
skinnyJM
Chado
Replies
7
Views
2K
lou_do
lou_do

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Top