Services Screen shows multiple programs

wings515

Original poster
Nov 29, 2012
Newfoundland PA
While investigating a missing recording, I noticed two programs listed on the screen after pressing the Red button on the remote. This button brings up the Services screen. The Hopper showed two programs being "Watched". One on ABC and the other on CBS with the third "Available". When I turnd ON one Joey, the Hopper displayed the newly active program on the "Bedroom" receiver. The Joey showed only the program that was actually selected on its services screen. No matter what I did, the Hopper always showed two programs being watched on the "Living Room" receiver. The PIP was not active at the time.
Any idea what is going on?

This is only one of three "problems" that have just surfaced.

After talking with tier2 support, I am about to get a replacement receiver. I'll post the reason for this on another post.

One of the two programs that the Hopper is showing as being watched is the "last", or channel that can be recalled. That is normal, at least for me...and has not caused any recording problems.

Here's a recent example. I turned on one Joey and tuned to our NBC Sat channel for local news. I then decided I wanted to watch same channel OTA (since I just got the new module). When I pressed red button, Hopper showed channel it was previously tuned to AND the NBC Sat channel I replaced with OTA channel. If I select the NBC channel now showing under Hopper, it brings it back under the Joey, and then is gone from Hopper. If I go back to OTA, back to Hopper the Sat goes. BUT, the HOPPER TV always shows that IT was last tuned to. So, I'm fairly confident you are getting a replacement needlessly, and you will see the same if you get it.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if i am reading this right but with my Hopper there are always two tuners being watched on my Hopper. Right now pressing the red button it shows Steve Harvey being watched on CBS, and Friends being watched on TBS from location named "Kevin" which is my Hopper. So two tuners are always "in use" on the list in one location until the Joeys are turned on.

Also you might what to do a red button restart. I have had recordings vanish and a red button restart un-hides them.

It was my understanding that when a second tuner is available, it is active on the Hopper for pip use. Whether you are using pip or not.
There you go!!!
So, back to OP...belay that replacement.

That is correct, the hopper pulls a second tuner for pip
Add to that, as others have said: even if PIP is not active. Actually, PIP is always active even if you can't see the second picture.

Because of this, you can use SWAP at any time. Both have 60 minute buffers.

The second output is also used for Sling.

Also if a Joey or a recording needs that second tuner, it will automatically be released for that purpose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts