Status
Please reply by conversation.

trinidex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
Hi everyone,

My dish mover is giving problems and I'm wondering if I can service it?

Basically, it is not tracking correctly, I tweak a satellite, move to another, move back and it is slightly off.

I've changed the sensor cable, the sensor is magnetic.

The control is a DSR920

The mover is old, like 10 years and makes horrible noises when moving.

Thanks!

Trinidex
You need to be more specific about where the noise is coming from but here's a start. If you are tweaking dish position your arm is wearing out. I have put two on my 10' mesh in these ten years. yours is probably shot but you may be able to WD40 it until you get a new one. the are not hard to change. Skyvision sells them. If you are tweaking hor-vert there is a small motor under the horn cover for that, I'm going to change mine it looks like less work than the dishmover arm was. Let us know which it was so we can all save up for replacement parts eh.

Last edited:
Trinidex
You need to be more specific about where the noise is coming from but here's a start. If you are tweaking dish position your arm is wearing out. I have put two on my 10' mesh in these ten years. yours is probably shot but you may be able to WD40 it until you get a new one. the are not hard to change. Skyvision sells them. If you are tweaking hor-vert there is a small motor under the horn cover for that, I'm going to change mine it looks like less work than the dishmover arm was. Let us know which it was so we can all save up for replacement parts eh.

I am tweaking dish position.

The noise seems to be "gear" noises and are coming from the end of the arm near where the motor assembly is.

When the dish moves up the noise is quite disturbing, like it is growling.
When the dish moves down there is no horrible noise.

I presume the mover is under more pressure when moving the dish up than down.

I'll get out WD40 and squirt away.

Well, I emptied a can of WD40 on it.
Took the motor apart, regretted it, got it back together, after squirting it.

So far...so good...sats are locking in without adjust, will order/scrounge another.

Thanks!

I just totally diassembled my 16 year old HTH motor a few plastic gears cleaned and greased the gears up works great might wan just disassemble carefully and take a look i think i did see replacement motors on when i did a google search but i do have to say a good cleaning and light grease on the gears should help

Paul:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)