SES-3 On soon?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What I don't undstand why that Directv is complaining that might interfere with their Ka band? Surly their bird are far apart by I am guessing 70 miles separation apart!:coco

It's not about interference. It is payload capacity for KA in that orbital slot. This is pure business 101 with one company controlling the license for KA in that portion of the arc and blocking potential competition.

It's not about interference. It is payload capacity for KA in that orbital slot. This is pure business 101 with one company controlling the license for KA in that portion of the arc and blocking potential competition.

Huh, er, I think it is more of a Monopoly 101, although on a limited scale. :nana

Are they using and losing longevity on the SES replacement with all this wait? If so, why don't they petition for ability to operate all but the Ka band?

Reactions: Titanium
Huh, er, I think it is more of a Monopoly 101, although on a limited scale. :nana

Are they using and losing longevity on the SES replacement with all this wait? If so, why don't they petition for ability to operate all but the Ka band?

By the time this bird goes live....The USS Haller will already be broadcasting from Mars

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts