Set DVR to record New Episodes, but still records old epsisodes sometimes.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
We see stuff recorded as new all the time and there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it. Although, I swear there are like 3 or 4 different House Hunters International episodes on HGTV that always record no matter what every time they repeat. It's probably better to err on the side of recording too much than missing something, but it's annoying all the same.

For those who always record both The Daily Show and the Colbert Report, you may want to do the following. We set it up for the M-F on the 10 pm (Central) time for The Daily Show and just set the timer to run 30 minutes long. That way we get both shows and it only uses up one timer and we always watch them consecutively in one sitting anyway. We haven't encountered a time when one was new and the other wasn't, so it works well.

It is the channels that provide the guide data to tribune. If they do not bother supplying episode numbers what is tribune to do? I would complain to the channel.

For those who always record both The Daily Show and the Colbert Report, you may want to do the following. We set it up for the M-F on the 10 pm (Central) time for The Daily Show and just set the timer to run 30 minutes long. That way we get both shows and it only uses up one timer and we always watch them consecutively in one sitting anyway. We haven't encountered a time when one was new and the other wasn't, so it works well.

I was just going to suggest this. I just kinda live with the occasional snipping of the last minute of the Daily Show. Most of the time it will happen during a commercial break so it's not an issue then. And also when the shows go on break, such as they are now, when they mention it I go and skip the recordings for the next week. I'll have to do that again before next Monday so that weeks' episodes won't get recorded.

If you are encountering this DVR issue of "over recording" please provide more information on the model of receiver and software you are having the issue with so we can look into this further.
Not sure if you did read the posts.... This issue is with guide data. There's nothing wrong with the receiver's or their software. If you really work at Dish, you've had to have heard of this before.

I have this problem with certain shows and it makes me want to delete the timer because it fills up the hard drive with reruns deleting episodes that I have not seen yet. HOW ANNOYING!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)