Set up issue

sbtripi

Original poster
Aug 29, 2014
Hello, I have a dish tailgater that I use for tailgating(with 2 receivers a 211 and wally). I recently purchased a secondary home. I obtained an old dish that I want to install on my home so I can just use my tailgater account for tailgating and my second home. Anyway, I am only getting sat 119 (70% signal) and not 110. I purchased a SW21 switch, will this help? if not, what do I need to do to get both 110 and 119.

My LNBF is A229a1-WA130CZ79 (picture attached)
there are 3 ports on the LNBF

Thank you in advance for the help.

Attachments

• dish pic.jpg
    dish pic.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
That definitely isn't a "tailgater dish" try a google search, someone may have conned you.
Looking online they do have an electronic rotating base for that type of dish[
ATTACH=full]127968[/ATTACH]

Winegard RV DISH Network HD Dish 1000 Satellite antenna SK-1000

Attachments

• 71GGapKsCPL._SL1500_.jpg
    71GGapKsCPL._SL1500_.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 89
You would plug it into the first port and not use the SW21 switch. Where are you located? The Eastern arc dish may work fine for you and points at 61.5 and 72.7 satellites
Im located in SC but I can't get EA satellites because of trees. I current use my tailgater at the house for 110 and 119 satellites. can I use the LNB I current have on my dish(pic in OP) with the SW21? or do i need the one i bought with 3 horns? Like I said in my original post, I get 119 just not 110 with my current LNB. Im not even trying for 129 because of the trees.

The one in the original pic will not work and you would need the western arc setup. You very likely do not need the SW21 as this is a very old switch. DP and DPP LNBs have the switch built in. Just run 1 cable from port 1 on the LNB to the 211

Reactions: JSheridan
The one in the original pic will not work and you would need the western arc setup. You very likely do not need the SW21 as this is a very old switch. DP and DPP LNBs have the switch built in. Just run 1 cable from port 1 on the LNB to the 211
Ok, thank you! Do you know if I can run a Wally off that LNB? i need to update it and my dish at my primary home (hopper 3 with 3 joeys) cannot find a signal to update the wally. also, can i update the wally over the internet?

He said he had a Tailgater and got on old dish for his home. He was correct about having a dish, just the wrong kind. Or he should try and hit the EA satellites.

If you're going to switch to Western arc, make sure you look to see what the backing structures settings are, skew and elevation, for your area

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts