Set up - receiver compatibility

JTroxell

Original poster
Jul 21, 2011
KS
I am attempting to set up satellite tv (D---) in my camper. I don't need HD... just the basics. At home I have a 625 receiver.

I have purchased a 311 receiver (without card) and have located a DP Plus LNBBF 500 disc. Is this compatible? What now? I know this seems basic to you members -- but I have looked at older postings and don't see these questions addressed. Thanks.

I use a Dish 500 on a tripod hooked to the cable input of the MH through distribution box to a 322 receiver. What's your question?

I think he wants to know if a 311 (which is not long for this world) will work with DPP.

He also opens that old can of worms about having two receivers in two locations on one account. I'll just suggest the search function on that one.

I think he wants to know if a 311 (which is not long for this world) will work with DPP.
Its anyone's guess as to how long those receivers will be compatible.They are still activating legacy receivers and are re-packaging 322's as 311's.So to say they are not long for this world isn't true.;)

Perhaps navychop was thinking "301" which (like the legacy equipment) are due for replacement due to the migration to 8PSK?

To answer the OP, a 311 will definitely work with a DPP twin. I am worried that it comes "without card". Does it have an S number starting with 19? Regardless of the number, you have to call up Dish and activate it on your account. A 311 will cost an extra $7/mo.

Last edited:
I am attempting to set up satellite tv (D---) in my camper. I don't need HD... just the basics. At home I have a 625 receiver.

I have purchased a 311 receiver (without card) and have located a DP Plus LNBBF 500 disc. Is this compatible? What now? I know this seems basic to you members -- but I have looked at older postings and don't see these questions addressed. Thanks.

The 311 will definitely work with a DPP LNB. The 311 is 8PSK as well, so I don't see it going away anytime soon (301's are QPSK, which will be phased out soon enough).

Feel free to PM your phone number or account number and I'd be glad to answer any questions you have about activating the equipment.