Setanta worth $15?

alexgmny

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
NYC
I am a manchester United fan. I want to see all the available games of the team. I see that Setanta shows some games, but the $15 per month scares me.

Are there any MANU fans that have Setanta that can tell me if the $15 are worth it?

I have also read some posts that the channel drops out or the image gets distorted.

I'm an Arsenal fan and if I want to see Arsenal's matches I had to get
Setanta or at least find a pub that has it. FSC has a random match here and there but no CL games (ESPN has you covered on those though as a ManC fan).

It's cheaper to pay $14.99 a month and stay home unless you don't drink;)

I'm an Arsenal fan and if I want to see Arsenal's matches I had to get
Setanta or at least find a pub that has it. FSC has a random match here and there but no CL games (ESPN has you covered on those though as a ManC fan).

It's cheaper to pay $14.99 a month and stay home unless you don't drink;)

Have you had any problems with the picture image? Like drop outs or distortion?

Have you had any problems with the picture image? Like drop outs or distortion?

All the time. That's Setanta, though.:rolleyes: It happens in ROI and GB as well. There's a reason they call it Shitanta :D

Case in point: Newcastle-Sunderland Derby 2 weekends ago with score at 1-1 and in the 89th minute, Setanta suddenly switched to the Pool-Fulham match feed. Problem was that match wasn't scheduled to start for another 6 hours.

They realized their error about 10 minutes later just in time to see the teams walking back into the tunnel.

Are there any MANU fans that have Setanta that can tell me if the $15 are worth it?

Worth every single cent for me ...

I have seen all Manchester United games this season thanks to Setanta, Fox and ESPN ... Drop-outs do happen - but they are very few and far between - overall the quality is decent .. the English commentary is good and the bonus for me is the rugby coverage .. and the fact that they have programming from MUTV for an hour or two each week.

Its not like you are tied into any kind of contract or anything with Dish ... sign up for a month and try it out ... if you dont like it ... you will have lost $15 - if you do - you will get to see all of the games you want.

:)

If you are a fan of a particular Premiership team, Setanta is a must.

Note that ManU-Arsenal match of a couple of weeks ago was exclusive to Setanta.

Also, if you are a ManU or Arsenal or Liverpool or Chelsea fan, then some of the Champions League matches are also only on Setanta.

And, Setanta has the League Cup matches exclusively as well.

And, unlike Fox Soccer Channel, they broadcast in stereo, so you get the feel of being in the stadium.

It has been good for the rugby. i likethe European rugby cup on at the moment.
Some of the program is a retransmit of sky sports and as someone else said mutv, probably others too, so it's not bad.

However, I am going to drop Setanta - the picture is not that great and they just dont keep to the guide, so be careful about relying on the guide to catch matches. for example my dvr has recorded worlds sport and total rugby about 5 times this week each and only 1 or 2 are the actual program, the others are something else.

Also btw if you drop a channel there is a $5 charge so dont forget that. but well worth it if you want to see what it's like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)