Setting recording on one Hopper sets timer on other?

EasyEEE

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 9, 2012
Mobile, AL
I have 2 H/1J.

Last couple of days, I set a record this for a movie on one a Hopper, it shows set to record on both Hoppers and appears to record on both.

I say appears to record because it's on the Dvr list for both and I can watch it ... Just not sure it's actually on the unintended Hopper or if somehow it's watching from the other dvr.

When I attempt to switch to other Hopper, it still gives me the "this is a future feature" or whatever.

Any idea what's going on?

I have 2 H/1J.

Last couple of days, I set a record this for a movie on one a Hopper, it shows set to record on both Hoppers and appears to record on both.

I say appears to record because it's on the Dvr list for both and I can watch it ... Just not sure it's actually on the unintended Hopper or if somehow it's watching from the other dvr.

When I attempt to switch to other Hopper, it still gives me the "this is a future feature" or whatever.

Any idea what's going on?

Is this the only recording that this has happened on?

No, I have algae at least 4 recordings over a couple of days.

I am not at home this moment.

And I don't know if it happens every time.

I had set a recording on my Hopper one for a couple of days out. The night of the movie, I went to the wifes hopper to record it.

It was already set. She wasnt there at the time and I thought she had set it.

Next day same thing. This time I asked her if she recorded them. She said no she hadnt. We had at least 4 of same movies on 2 different Hoppers that we're only set to record on one.

I didn't delete one and check the other to see if it vanishes, yet. Will when I get home.

I'm wondering is remote address number is the same on both Hoppers?
Unsupported workaround to integrate hoppers? ;)

Or perhaps, as identical twins, they start acting the same way as they get older. :D The Hopper is evolving! Skynet is born!!!

Sorry about my poor editing. Typed on phone driving down interstate.

Hadn't thought about remote.. But just started a few days ago and have had system for a couple of months.

Like the Frankenhopper comment lol.

Will do some experimenting tonight, will report what movies and channels it recorded. I do know they were something like HBO or Encore.

it's possible that they are on the same channel. something might have changed, real world wise, that made it eaiser for them to cross-talk. real test would be change channels on one and see if the channel changes on the other.

Well, it wasn't the remotes.

And no, wife rarely watches movie channels.

I set a movie to record tonight on my hopper. It didn't immediately show that it was going to record on hers.

And I set one for 4 days from now, and that too hasn't appeared on hers.

When it did happen before I had set two movies, two channels, at different times on my hopper.. but one started towards the end of the other.

Then, I can't remember if it was the same day or right before movies started the next day (if it was the next day, may have been same day) that I actually noticed they were scheduled to record on hers. She wasn't around, so thought she had set them.

And sure enough they recorded. I asked her if she set them she said no.

I swear it happened lol

Still dinking with it when she's not engrossed in a show. Will let you all know if I can duplicate it.

For sure, I set 4 different movies on one Hopper, think showing over a couple of days, and they recorded on both Hoppers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)