Setting timers with Dish Anywhere app

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
Has anyone had issues setting timers remotely using the Dish anywhere app lately? Ive never had any issues in the past. But I tried setting one last week and also tried again tonight. But nothing recorded either time. I’m beginning to wonder if it has something to do with the new iOS11 I recently downloaded to my iPhone. It tells me that the timer has been set. But when I get home there’s nothing been recorded.

In the past, I have had the same experience with Dish Anywhere. When setting timers remotely, it usually works, but sometimes it doesn't.

I have not downloaded IOS 11 yet, so that is still a posibility.

Overall Dish Anywhere's DVR functions are simply not trustworthy. It frequently doesn't really set the timers it says it did (see below). The My Timers list never includes all of the Timers. The Daily Schedule almost always resorts to default thumbnails for many timers (including ironically Prime Time Anytime).

Setting timers with Dish Anywhere (Web app, Firefox, OSX 10.11.6) has always been hit and miss for me. I always check to see if the recording has really been set a little later. Preferably on the Hopper3. But sometimes Dish Anywhere will fess up and admit it didn't really set the timer :(

I rarely set timers via DA, but they have always worked for me. I'm sticking to iOS 10 for now. Maybe for as long as I can.

I never set a timer that I think is important using Dish Anywhere, because sometimes it won't work.. For me, my iPhone had been much more reliable with Dish Anywhere as compared to my PCs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)