setting up 1000.4 with a vip211

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

catonite

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
We are trying to hook up a 1000.4 dish to a vip211 receiver. We ran one cable from the receiver to port 1 on the lnbf. We get signal and locked on from 72 satellite but can't lock on 77 or 61.5. To properly align the dish should we cover the 2 outside lnd's to ensure we are getting satellite 72 on the middle lnb. Thanks.

I would put aluminum foil over the 72-77 double cap and get the 61.5 signal perfect first,watch transponder 14 on 61.5 get it as high as possible.

also hook receiver to port # 3 for default 61.5 reception, port 1 =77,port 2 =72,port 3 =61.5,port4 =LNB In.

You really need a meter to do a 1000.4 dish but with the foil method you might just get lucky.

Last edited:
Just follow the directions in the 1000.4 install instructions. It took me several hours to align my 1000.4 when I was installing it. I ended up putting in the 1000.2 system due to the fact that I have a better view of the western arc than the eastern arc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts