Setting Up 2 Receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

poops

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2005
I have a 722K that works perfectly on an HDTV. My other HDTV used to be TV2 on my 722K setup. I bought a 211K to connect to TV2 cause I wanted to have an HD signal on both tv's.

I connected the 211K to TV2 and I can't get the receiver to point to the right satellite. Everything seems to be set up right. Are there any cabling adjustments I have to make? I'd like to try everything before Dish sends a Tech out.

Thanks in advance for all insight.

No, I don't believe so. I have 1 cable coming from the dish to a splitter. 2 cables from the splitter - 1 goes to TV1; the other goes to TV2.

So, I need 2 separate cable runs for both receivers?

You cannot run second receiver off tv2. A new coax run needs to come from the lnb/switch.

That actually makes all the sense in the world. I was just hoping I wouldn't have to schedule a Tech to come out and do this.

Your gonna have dual cable coming from your lnbf to your groundblock. Then a little jumper from your groundblock to your diplexer (a blue lookin splitter). Theres 3 labels on your diplexer. Theres 3 labels on your diplexer. The jumper gets plugged into your sat on your diplexer, the in/out goes to your receiver, uhf/vhf goes to your tv2. You need to unscrew the coax going to ihf/vhf on your diplexer and hook it into the extra port on your groundblock. Then you will have signal on the new receiver.

Your gonna have dual cable coming from your lnbf to your groundblock. Then a little jumper from your groundblock to your diplexer (a blue lookin splitter). Theres 3 labels on your diplexer. Theres 3 labels on your diplexer. The jumper gets plugged into your sat on your diplexer, the in/out goes to your receiver, uhf/vhf goes to your tv2. You need to unscrew the coax going to ihf/vhf on your diplexer and hook it into the extra port on your groundblock. Then you will have signal on the new receiver.

What?:) Is this something I can do myself or do I need a Tech to come out to run a new cable from the dish? Is there a diagram somewhere of what you describe above?

Chamblin was describing what a perfect up to spec install should look like.

You may or may not have dual cable coming down from the dish. A few pics would help

The splitter to described is actually the diplexer.
This will be removed and is where you need to get the new line from the dish to if there is only single cable coming down now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts