setting up dish for Hispasat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

portasat

Original poster
Apr 19, 2007
Hi Guys! First post. I too want HISPASAT for Spanish and Portuguese channels.

I have a DirecTV - 36" International Dish # DirecTV 36" International Dish (87CM) # For International / Ethnic DirecTV Programming # Includes (1) .87m WorldDirect International Dish # Includes (1) Required LNB for 95 WL Satellite # Includes (1) Required LNB for 101 Satellite # Includes (1) Required Bracket to hold 101 and 95 LNBs # Includes (1) Required Universal Mounting Bracket
dish_36_dtv66e.jpg

I will be using this LNB. INVACOM SNH-031 Universal Ku band LNBF 0.3db
dd6a_1_b.JPG

I should be able to catch it with this LNB right? I am at AZIMUTH 125, ELEVATION 25.5 and LNB Angle: -37.9

Thanks.

welcome :wave

yes you can use the Invacom...but the LNB on the dish right now will work too (the one that normally would be aimed at 95)

I tried the one for 95W but couldn't get quality. It states input freq. 11.7-12.2ghz on it so after messing with a bunch of settings and whatnot I could not get it to work. I even tried the other LNB which I know is standard. I know I had the sat in sight because I ended up using the inline sat finder and dialed it in to the strongest signal but no quality.

The specs on the 95W (P170KU) single output LNB are
Eagle P170KU
Single Output Digital KU-LNB
Input Freq: 11.7-12.2 GHz
Output Freq: 950-1450 MHz
Noise Figure 0.8 dB (max.)

Where as the INVACOM SNH-031 has a noise of .3 dB and is highly regarded as a very powerful LNB.​

I've worked with the Invacom and its a heavy bugger and honestly it gets the same results in most cases as my .7 ExpressVu LNB (when Expressvu was KU Band)

Right now I use a Channelmaster 75e dish that StarChoice normally uses (Starchoice is a Canadian satellite company) and the LNB on that is a .5 or .6 and it works fine

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)