Setting up Receiver Questions

cspiteri

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
I`m setting up my receiver and am attempting to get the SET UP function on my remote to work.
I go to MENU and am getting a screen which says:
RECEIVER NOT ACTIVATED
1. Check that you have followed the instructions that came with your replacement.
My receiver is not a replacement nor do I have an account with Dish
2. If this setup has not resolved your issue, please contact......

Does my reciever have to be activated so I can get the MENU, SET UP and other functions to work?
Do I have to establish an account, select programming and begin a subscription in order for my receiver to be activated??

Yes you will have to set up a dish account to activate the receiver. You should be able to get to the menus and the check dish menus to lock in the satellite signals. If you bought your own receiver and set up your own dish you can activate without a contract commitment and disconnect at any time.

I tried to access MENU again with the same results I posted.
I want to get the dish aligned, receiver set up and ready to go is advance of my move into my new residence sometime this spring.

Does the receiver have a menu button, perhaps the remote code is not the same as the receiver. You press sysinfo on the receiver then press record on the remote to change the receiver's channel to the one of the remote. Then perhaps menu will work on the remote.

When I was setting up my 211k's once the not activated message came up you couldn't do anything.
Unplug the receiver,wait,plug it back in and get into the menus before the "not activated" comes up.